Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin configuration

Posted by foul_owl 
Marlin configuration
June 16, 2014 05:04PM
Hi folks,

Working on getting my Marlin firmware set up for my prusa i3. I found instructions for setting the correct values for DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT, but I am wondering how I determine how to set the following: (possibly other settings as well)

* HOMING_FEEDRATE
* DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE
* DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION
* DEFAULT_ACCELERATION
* DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION
* DEFAULT_XYJERK
* DEFAULT_ZJERK
* DEFAULT_EJERK

My current prints are a bit rough and I want to try tuning the firmware. I have already made sure all the belts are tight.

Thanks!!
Re: Marlin configuration
June 16, 2014 07:41PM
Check the reprap calculator (http://calculator.josefprusa.cz/) for a few of these settings.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
June 16, 2014 08:04PM
what do you mean rough? any pictures of failed or bad qualty prints so we can diagnose whats going on

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
June 17, 2014 03:27PM
Yeah I saw [calculator.josefprusa.cz] already. Just wondering about the rest of the settings.
June 17, 2014 03:30PM
Let me take some pics of the rough looking prints tonight.
June 17, 2014 03:35PM
I have noticed sometimes that the print head is moving quite fast, to the point where it causes the whole machine to wobble, even on a sturdy surface. This is especially true when filling in long, small gaps. I was guessing that some sort of speed settings need to be tweaked, but unsure what specifically.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login