Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help! unable to move manually now..

Posted by NNTun03 
Help! unable to move manually now..
July 21, 2014 05:11AM
Hello,
I finished assembling the 3 head machine and started testing. I encounter the problems below, can anyone help pls?

1) I was able to move along x,y,z before homing. Now I cant. I can only home x,y,z now.

2) I could "on" the heat bed heater and extruder heater, now I cant. This might be a relay problem.

Just FYI. I did a dry run before a few days before I encountered this problem, so the wiring is ok.

Please help if you can.
Thank you.
Re: Help! unable to move manually now..
July 21, 2014 05:46AM
It's a firmware problem.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 21, 2014 08:06AM
Thank you for your quick reply. May I know I can fix the firmware issue?
Thanks a zillion.
NNT
July 21, 2014 10:58AM
I'm confused.

1. Which firmware are you using?
2. If you can home x, y, and z that sounds good to me. Is this a typo?
July 21, 2014 11:08AM
Here are some handy gcode to debug why you can't move:

M114: Get Current Position
M119: Get Endstop Status
July 22, 2014 03:28AM
I'm using Repetier HOST irapid 0.85B,

sorry to confuse you, its not a typo.

I can home x,y,z. but after that I cant move manually (this is not a problem), the problem now is I cant move manually before homing, I used to be able to do that, ie able to move manually before homing. why cant I do that now?
I also could do a dry run once before successfully, now I cant. I remember when I did the first dry run, In the 3D view there was a path from 1 of the 4 vertical axises to the object, now I only see the object ( the 20x30x2.4 test block). I am wondering why?

I am a newbie to this, thanks for your help and patience.

NNT
July 22, 2014 01:14PM
Make sure your endstops are configured correctly in your firmware. My brain isn't working enough to detail how right now. Make sure that they are properly classified as home on ground or home on open and that their directions and positions are set correctly.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login