Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing software? (Cura in particular)

Posted by JJ McGillicutty 
Printing software? (Cura in particular)
July 23, 2014 04:59PM
Hey guys. I tried using the search function per "internet forum etiquette" but my search-fu is weak or I'm impatient.
Anyway, I've got my Prusa Mendel 2 printing. I have been using Kisslicer for slicing models and then Pronterface for send the print commands. This has worked and I've tweaked the setup in various ways to improve prints. I've gone through my first spool of filament.
So the other day I decide to try out Cura, because I remember seeing that around here somewhere. With Kisslicer I could only have one object at a time to print, with Cura I could get multiple items on the plate. I tried two prints, the first one there was a communication error between the computer and printer and so it stopped printing. The second print job went great.
My problem is that I then shut down Cura and when I reopened it, it wanted to go thru the setup wizard again as if it was just installed and none of my settings were saved. Is this a problem with Cura or did I do something wrong? How can I get Cura to save my settings for my machine? Is there a better option that I have not tried yet? I like how Cura allows me to put multiple objects on the build plate, arrange and rotate them as necessary, and doesn't require two pieces of software; one to slice and the other to print.
Appreciate the help.
Re: Printing software? (Cura in particular)
July 24, 2014 10:19AM
Cura normally saves all your Settings automatically, including machine and print settings. I guess you should thus just reinstall it. Make sure to get the newest version as it has some major improvements!
Re: Printing software? (Cura in particular)
July 24, 2014 11:43AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login