Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Productionexception:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1 What does this mean?

Posted by Curlrup 
Productionexception:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1 What does this mean?
March 10, 2010 06:26PM
Ok my Darwin Running the forked for Mega 5D Firmware, Host 1.3 and Gen 2 electronics is working fine except.... it prints 2 layers and then gives me this error.

Productionexception:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1

I have no idea what it is talking about. Any thoughts? Thanks for everyones help so far I am almost there.

Curly
Running windows XP too I did a search on the error and found a thread where the person changed the Extruder material parameter from PLA Infill to PLA. That seemed to fix things I will try that but that seems to have nothing to do with what it is asking. Isn't it erroring because of something in the firmware set to -1 that should not be? Sorry I know very little bout Java, and C++/Arduino.
The Error is not in the firmware, it's a bug in the java host program. Specifically, the java host program tried to access an internal array (on the host computer, in the host computer's memory) and didn't access the array within bounds, tripping one of java's runtime accuracy checkers.

Don't use java, and you'll avoid this type of problem. You'll have other problems instead. smiling smiley

You can use skeinforge to generate your g-code, view it with various other tools, and send it to your reprap with RepRapArduinoSerialSender.py (included with skeinforge) among other things.

You can even compile the firmware from the command line with a simple "make" command (after hacking the arduino-included non-working makefile) and avoid having to install that nasty java thing at all.

--
I'm building it with Baling Wire
I see. Why is it doing this now? Before I moved to the 5D firmware it would run an entire part (without plastic). Python will not install on my host computer. It gives me an error that I have an unsupported processor. It's an Intel chip on a machine that is maybe a year old. Unfortunatally this is teh only machine I have to work with, and I can't mess with it too much because it runs my Objet machine. Hmm would an uninstal and reinstall of Java clean this up? Of course since that machine runs the Objet it has been booted up for the last 2 months straight. I need to reboot it for Reprap and Objet sake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2010 10:21PM by Curlrup.
OK I got everything rolling again. I even got Skeinforge, and Repilcator G rolling so now I just have to get that extruder stepper gear to stop slipping and I am good to go. The gear I put on the shaft to grip the filament keeps workinig loose. That is an easy fix I know how to do. I soon will be posting first prints!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login