mgb
Ormerod z-probe problem (?)
August 04, 2014 11:55AM
Hi everyone,

I have some troubles with homing my X and Z axis. I think it is caused by the proximity sensor, but I am not sure. I have the 0.78 firmware and I have already switched the pins, as it was in the wiring section.

My X-homing doesn't really work - the head doesn't stop and it is crashing into the aluminium extursion for something like 6 seconds with bigger and then for another 4 seconds with smaller speed.

Event though X-homing doesn't work, I tried to set Z-homing, but I get different values for G31 every time I try to set the height. I managed to set it with very similar values like there is in the axis compensation section (I wrote in G31 Z1.6 P637 according to the sensor), but when I eventually tried the Z-homing, it crashed into the bed. Right now it sends 296 for G31 just 2mm away from the bed. On the other hand, it has the range from about 40 (far away from the bed) to 970 (when I put a piece of paper right under it). I have my printer blocked away from direct sunlight, but it is not fully covered. I've already checked the wiring, the SD card is working, firmware is up to date.

Could anyone help me, please? Any ideas, things I could check?

(There is also some issue with my pronterface, I constantly got this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "pronterface.py", line 1144, in recvcb
File "pronterface.py", line 56, in parse_temperature_report
ValueError: could not convert string to float:

I don't know what kind of effect it might have and I don't know how to correct those lines.)

Help me please. Thank you very much in advance!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login