Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Steppers work fine from Pronterface but not from the lcd

Steppers work fine from Pronterface but not from the lcd
August 09, 2014 06:39PM
Hi, hello all, first time post here.
I am currently building a self sourced Rostock without the benefit of actually knowing what the hell I'm doing.
I'm up to the point of testing now and all has gone swimmingly so far.

My problem/question is this:
When I test the movement of the axis in Pronterface, it appears fine.
When I use the lcd controller to test them, it will move up ok but not down.

I have a feeling it's something to do with the endstops or an endstop setting.

I'm running Marlin.
I have makerbot 1.2 mechanical stops on a ramps 1.4.
ENDSTOPPULLUPS are defined and const bool X_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = false;

Tried connecting the stops with pins 1,2 and 4. Didn't seem to do much and then with just 1 and 2. Didn't seem to make a difference.
Pronterface registered an 'endstop hit' after every movement (but still moved) when const bool X_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = true; but then it homes to the bottom, of course.
Pronterface didn't register any hit while moving with const bool X_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = false; wether they were pressed or not.

No idea about programming this thing.
Where should I be looking?
Re: Steppers work fine from Pronterface but not from the lcd
September 02, 2014 12:24PM
Pronterface will allow movement pass your endstops , your problem is in marlin, you need to switch you endstops type. Verify if they are normally open or normally close and adjust them in marlin firmware.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2014 12:27PM by ggherbaz.
Re: Steppers work fine from Pronterface but not from the lcd
September 02, 2014 04:14PM
I can;t help with the firmware, been a while since I used Marlin, but I can with the rest.

You want your endstops wired normally closed (outer pins on the endstops), otherwise, you will get noise through the electronics and have false hits.

Also, with mechanical endstops you only use signal and ground. The third pin will often trigger a reset of the controller and possibly even damage it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login