Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Final tuning setup before print

Posted by gordonendersby 
Final tuning setup before print
August 12, 2014 04:20PM
Ive built a prusa mendel i2 from parts not a kit and got all the mechanics and electronics working and talking to pronterface.
Everything now moves, heats and homes nicely.

This is probably a bit silly to ask.
You will have to forgive me im a bit brain frazzled today after sorting out the prontiface and skeinforge on linux.
Had some problems as i had a lot of fun sorting through all the different sets of instructions all over the place and different forks on github for each projects idea of how it should be used or packaged.

My question is:
Where do all the tuning settings go. Like for the extruder mm of filament per step or on the axis steps per mm.
I thought logically it would be in the marlin firmware but cant see it.
Is it entered into the skeinforge setup?
Theres a lot there to fiddle with.

Also can anyone recomend a good walk through to get me through these last through steps to get to my first print.

Thanks

Gordon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2014 04:22PM by gordonendersby.
Re: Final tuning setup before print
August 13, 2014 01:36AM
Yes, you must put all the XYZ and extruder steps in firmware after you have calculated the calibration values. You also need to to set your motherboard, end stops, thermistor types etc.

August 13, 2014 04:43AM
Ive done all the motherboard, thermister, end stop stuff and its all working fine as i said in my post.
I can home all the axis and level the bed. I can extrude filament at the right temperature.
Ive got my software chain sorted, finally. Pronterface, skeinforge. Ive done a dry print with everything moving as expected.
As far as i can see i just need to set the steps per mm for xyz and the extruder and im set to print.

Its the xyz and extruder steps stuff that i cant find an obvious place to put the values.
Ill look through the firmware again.

There is so much information out there that im having trouble finding the info i need.
My bookmarks in the browser are overflowihg with forum posts and wiki pages that all have bits of what i think i need.

Like i said i could do with a recomendation for a guide to get the last few bits done to get printing.

Gordon
August 13, 2014 08:22AM
If you are using Marlin, then it's this line:

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,4000,796.26} // 660 was 760 * 1.1 calibrate extruder per slicer

values are X, Y, Z, and E

Bruce
August 13, 2014 11:47AM
Thanks,

Had trouble reading the other day, by the time i was looking for that, and missed that line.

Im meeting up with the other South London Makerspace members tonight at our temporary weekly meet up.
[southlondonmakerspace.org]

So have a chance to swap some notes and get opinions on what ive done so far.

Thanks
Gordon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login