Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is the reprap.me Melzi board good quality?

Posted by ajsmcs 
Is the reprap.me Melzi board good quality?
August 19, 2014 12:18PM
Hello,

I'm looking to replace the control board on a Techzone Huxley I built 4 years ago, which has been dead and collecting dust for the past 3.

After doing some research, the Melzi seems like a pretty good option. I'm a professional ME, and although I have a lot of electronics experience, sometimes I just want the darn thing to work without becoming a project in and of itself.

Looking through the wiki, I found the vender reprap.me has them for like $52. That seems a bit low to me.

Do any of you have any experience with Melzis from this vender? Are they good quality? Do they stand behind their product if they send a dud?

After dealing with the tremendously fly-by-night Techzone company support for nearly a year, I'm naturally pretty wary of online vendors.

Alternately, are their better plug-and-play board options out there? My budget is about $120.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

~Andrew
Mechanical Engineer - NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Re: Is the reprap.me Melzi board good quality?
August 30, 2014 08:46AM
Hi I use melzi, its my first printer comes with preinstalled software and there are some issues but I have had no issues with it the mofsets are a prob for some because of high temps and current, I been using pla and its fine, you can get melzi boards for like fifty pound that's about 80 dollars id say. I would buy another melzi , they are like plug and play great for starters winking smiley hope it helps fella winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login