Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arduino Software for Sanguino

Posted by Bob Hodge 
Arduino Software for Sanguino
March 29, 2010 12:50PM
Hi,

I'm hping someone can help me, please. I'm trying to get the communications working (for the first time) with my Makerbot built V1.2 controller board. I'm following the 'Microcontroller firmware installation' instructons:
[reprap.org]

I've downloaded the Arduino software and am trying to download the Sanguino core information in order to set up the Arduino software for Sanguino. Unfortunately I can't find the Sanguino Core files to download that the instruction text is referring to.

I'm obviously doing something stupid & would be very gateful for some advice!

Many thanks

Bob
Re: Arduino Software for Sanguino
March 29, 2010 01:16PM
Here you go, looks like they also finally got around to updating the instructions for the structure change that happened in the Arduino 17 release.

[sanguino.cc]
March 29, 2010 02:44PM
Hi freds,

Many thanks for the link. Unfortunately I'm still stuggling to match the instructions with the available files (!) but I'll keep trying

Bob
March 29, 2010 04:29PM
Hi Bob

Those directions are for Arduino enviorment prior to release 17.

The Ardunio group has revised the directory structure to support different processor boards. Now you simply copy the Sanguino folder out of the extracted zip file from Zach's site above into the Ardunio hardware directory.

There is a readme file "Sanguino-0018r1_1_4.txt" just below the Sanguino directory in the zip file that documents this.

I just performed the process on my work machine and was able to compile a sketch.

Fred
March 30, 2010 07:19AM
Hi Fred,

Many thanks for your help. Now you have pointed them out, the instructions are ridiculously clear!

I still haven't managed to download a program but I think I need to try a bit harder before bothering the Forum again.

Thanks again

Bob
March 30, 2010 01:32PM
Your welcome!

Best to start with a simple sketch, blink is a good example, though on the Sanguino the LED pin is pin 0.

I have both the orginal breadboard pinout Sanguino and the subsequent design that was onboard of a breakout board. The orginal works perfically for the auto reset logic and the other board I have to reset manually, do not know why.

For that board I click the upload button and while the arduino IDE is compiling I press the reset button on the target board.

You also need to verify that your Sanguino has the boot loader for the Arduino IDE. The LED should blink rapidly after you press the reset button. About five blinks, a slight pause and then another blink.

If it does not have the bootloader then you have to use a ISP programmer to upload it. There is bunch of different options to do this.

I have a blog on how to make an adapter cable to use the TTY serial cable to accomplish this.

[exmrclean.blogspot.com]
March 30, 2010 03:03PM
Hi Fred,

The LED pin is pin 0! Thank you so much for that nugget of information! I am now the very proud owner of a blinking LED.

I am now struggling to get a download program into the controller. I can't make any sense of the Wiki firmware installation (my ignorance, I'm sure) so I'm having a look at ReplicatorG.

The LED is still blinking!

Thanks again

Bob
March 30, 2010 09:45PM
Your welcome.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login