Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GT2 belt-end clips?

Posted by polyglot 
GT2 belt-end clips?
October 02, 2014 02:31AM
I realise that most people are using printed clips to retain the ends of belts, but what if you're not? Where do I get a corrugated metal clamp to hold the end of a GT2 belt? The obvious search terms on eBay are buried in fashion accessories.
Re: GT2 belt-end clips?
October 02, 2014 06:28AM
Cable ties are your friend.....
October 02, 2014 08:00AM
I'm not sure why you would want to stray away from printed ones. They work perfectly.
October 02, 2014 07:13PM
I built an OrdBot from a kit that included printed clamps for a GT2 belt. After I finally got it running, I found that the clamp had a bit of play in it. The belt moved very slightly backwards and forwards along the x axis during a print.

I solved the problem by putting a very small blob of 2 pack epoxy (2 grains of rice) between the belt teeth and the clamp before clamping it up. After hardening there was no play whatsoever. Very easy to solve.
October 02, 2014 07:15PM
Well, I don't have a printer on which to print anything yet. I'm rep-strapping.

Will wrapping the belt around a bolt so that it engages itself and then clamping (zip tie?) be reasonable? I don't want to violate any min bend radius constraints and have the belt snap at the bolt.
October 02, 2014 07:53PM
Thats the way I did it prior to having working printer.
Copied from printerbot wooden printer
October 02, 2014 09:09PM
polyglot
Will wrapping the belt around a bolt so that it engages itself and then clamping (zip tie?) be reasonable? I don't want to violate any min bend radius constraints and have the belt snap at the bolt.

It's what I do. Works perfectly so far. The minimum bend radius is not important here because its a one time operation, you aren't flexing the belt enough times to fatigue it, just enough to form a loop you can use to anchor the belt.
October 05, 2014 10:16AM
Hi,
We are manufacuring such bet clamps:
[www.ebay.com]
Thanks
Arik
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login