Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

placing an object

Posted by JasperCocquyt 
placing an object
November 20, 2014 11:55AM
Hello,
For my final project on school i have to make the K8200 from Velleman. the printer itself is almost complete and i'm trying out some objects with the reprap software that velleman provides. But the problem is that whenever i bring in a drawing that i drawed myself ( for school i have to work with Solid edge ST6, i first save the part in the .par extension and then Resave it with solid edge in the .STL format) but yeah like i said my object is super tiny! i have seen you can adjust a scale to it but then i'm not sure if the measurements of the object are correct :/ Can someone help me with this? I'm sorry for my english and sorry if this isn't placed in the right category :/
Thanks A lot!
Re: placing an object
November 20, 2014 06:52PM
Sounds like your working in inches, and your home software is interpreting the stl in millimeters? In which case, scale it up by 25.4.
November 21, 2014 10:53AM
Hello,
i'm from belgium so we don't work in inches the solid edge is configurated in milimeters but could it be something else?
November 23, 2014 08:02AM
Had the same problem, solid edge saves stls in inches by standard. Change it to mm and it works fine...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2014 08:05AM by Marco R.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login