Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with Ramps 1.4 and Arduino 2650 not connection (if anybody cares)

Posted by veteran54 
Help with Ramps 1.4 and Arduino 2650 not connection (if anybody cares)
January 02, 2015 08:38PM
Hello friends, With hard work and multiple chanllenges I've been building my prusa i3 with ramps 1.4 and card 2650. Finally I finished and connected everything correct according to the graphics in this site. The firmware assigned COM3 as the port for Arduino 2650 (according to device mananger in Windows 7) , and all the information regarding the assigned port is that is working properly and doesn't need any updates.
However, when I try to connect the printer from the computer, the only info I get on pronterface screen is: " connecting..." and nothing else happens. I have checked in these forums and have found sort of the same questions but haven't hade any help at all. Nobody has suggested a toubleshooting that helped to find out what the exact problem is.
the only explanation in the software is error 51... and that's all.
I would appreciate enormously any help to put my printer to work.
Re: Help with Ramps 1.4 and Arduino 2650 not connection (if anybody cares)
January 03, 2015 03:26AM
if anybody cares? Strange thing to say?

Anyway...

Have you got the baud rate in the firmware set to the same value as in Pronterface?
Come to that, have you programmed the firmware for your particular set-up?

January 03, 2015 06:33AM
strange thing to say indeed...
If you have uploaded your Marlin, check to see if your setting in both Marlin and Pronterface is set to 250000. I believe the default in Pronterface is 115200.
January 03, 2015 07:53PM
There is a RAMPS forum
[forums.reprap.org]

I have posted the answers to many a RAMPS question there

There is a RAMPS wiki

[reprap.org]

You should care to search for some information right under your nose???

confused smiley
January 04, 2015 03:55PM
Hello,

The Communication Speed for your Host and your firmware have to match otherwise it wont connect.
I use 250000 for Repetier and this is (what I have read) the most stable speed with no package loss!

I have had a connection Issue myself (nearly made me going insane) and here is the Solution for Repetier at least.
(Maybe it works for Pronterface too but i dont use pronterface so i cant try)

I used the good Webpage [www.repetier.com] to create my firmware files for Repetier.
After that everything was just nearly perfect and the connection issue was gone! winking smiley

Daniel

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2015 04:00PM by Daniel Pfau.
January 04, 2015 09:49PM
Some tips in the order I would troubleshoot.

Download Latest version of Ardunio IDE, and manually overright the driver windows assigned to the Ardunio with this new updated driver. ( This solved one of my issues with a generic board off ebay so may help)

^ if you update the drivers make sure you reboot.

In the Ardunio IDE click Tools --> Board--> and make sure it is set to the Ardunio Mega 2560.

Download latest Marlin Firmware(or whatever you like) and upload it via Ardunio.

Prontrface should auto detect the ports that are connected, usually when I run Prontrface I usually have to connect to the higher port number.

Hope it helps and happy printing,

Ryan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login