Advanced

extruder board problem

Posted by Dylan 
extruder board problem
May 09, 2010 03:16PM
I have the error:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

I have power to the board, I have the right com, I know the ttl-usb works because I us it on this pc the same com port to program the mobo. I know the chip is in right because the bootloader works.
I can't program the extruder board if I have the ttl plugged into the mobo or the ext board. I used the diecimila 168 board option and bootloader programmed with avr tiny.

Any help would be appreciated

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2010 09:47PM by Dylan.
Re: standard sync programming error on extruder
May 09, 2010 09:21PM
You are getting the standard error that it is not talking to the boot loader.

I haven't personally played with the extruder board yet.

But if it's the Sanguino when you push the reset switch you get a few rapid blinks a pause and then another blink as a signature that the boot strap loader is working.

The Sanguino has a jumper that allows one of the signal lines from the ttl-usb to reset the processor so that theoretically the boot loader is running when it attempts to upload the program.

This doesn’t work on some boards; so you have to get the timing down to have a successful upload. I find clicking the upload button which starts a recompile of the program; waiting a couple of seconds and pressing the reset on the Sanguino generally works for me.
Re: standard sync programming error on extruder
May 09, 2010 09:34PM
I believe there must be a problem with the power flow on the extruder board. I got it programmed with my usbtiny with the hex file created from the arduino software.
When I plug in my usbtiny or my ttyl directly into the ext board the power and debug lights come on, but when I have the 12v power connected only the power light comes on and I can't get the mobo and ext to talk to each other.
Anyone have any ideas where the prob could be?
Re: extruder board problem
May 22, 2010 05:11AM
Hi I am having the same problem with the extruder board I purchased from Makerbot. the motherboard uploaded and is working but the extruder board will not upload and I get the same error message. I noticed Led 3 & 4 come on permanently? Will update if I find the cause.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login