Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

instead of printing I get a column of numbers in the console?

Posted by shadowphile 
instead of printing I get a column of numbers in the console?
January 06, 2015 02:36AM
This just started and I don't know what it means. When I click Print, the console says the job is starting, followed by an endless column readouts, with no count-down and no movement at all.
T:220.00 E:0 B:69.1

Obviously the extruder and bed temperatures, not sure what the E is for. The setpoints are 220 and 70, so what is going on?

thanks
Re: instead of printing I get a column of numbers in the console?
January 06, 2015 10:31AM
It gives that readout while your bed is trying to reach temperature, which in your case it's never doing. Assuming your bed power connections are sound you have two options. Either take actions that make it easier for the bed to reach temperature (warmer room, enclosure, or thermally reflective material above and/or below the bed, though you must be sure not to short the bed) or try a bed temperature your current setup CAN reach (like 69) and see if you get satisfactory results there.
January 06, 2015 07:13PM
I'm used to a slightly different column of numbers when it is waiting for the temperature, those end with a 'w?'
January 06, 2015 08:12PM
My hot end doesn't go to temperature until after the bed has reached temperature, but other than that, what you posted looks exactly like what mine does while the bed is heating up. I'm still new to explain why it might have changed. Did you change gcode programmers?
January 06, 2015 09:16PM
I'm only now starting to use the bed more, so maybe the columns change or there is no waiting when the bed is not enabled. Dang, looks like I will have to code-crawl. That's ok when I'm not actually trying to get anything done smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login