Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X shift

Posted by rich1812 
X shift
January 10, 2015 02:28PM
I don't really know what the cause of the problem is. My printer was working fine since I built it until now. I was going to print a thin disk. Somehow, when the first layer was printed, it was in the correct location on the glass, but once it gets to the second layer, the X shifted. (See attached shifted.jpg.) I am not sure what causes it, but I think it has something to do with the belt tension. If I am correct, how much tension should there be?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2015 02:29PM by rich1812.
Attachments:
open | download - shifted.jpg (99.5 KB)
Re: X shift
January 10, 2015 04:12PM
rich1812
I don't really know what the cause of the problem is. My printer was working fine since I built it until now. I was going to print a thin disk. Somehow, when the first layer was printed, it was in the correct location on the glass, but once it gets to the second layer, the X shifted. (See attached shifted.jpg.) I am not sure what causes it, but I think it has something to do with the belt tension. If I am correct, how much tension should there be?
check your slicer settings. this usually happens when the non-print movements are above 120mm/s
January 10, 2015 08:41PM
Also check your vrefs.
January 11, 2015 07:24AM
jrcaster
Also check your vrefs.

Thank you all for your replies.

Hi jrcaster,

I heard of ref a lot in the course of building the printer, but everything seems to work fine and I never bothered to fiddle with it, What is the proper ref for each axle?
January 11, 2015 04:10PM
Rich,
This is a very common problem.

See This Thread

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login