Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X and Extruder motors suddenly not working. RAMPS 1.4, please HELP!

Posted by Sparticle 
X and Extruder motors suddenly not working. RAMPS 1.4, please HELP!
January 16, 2015 05:17PM
Everything was OK., however after playing a while with the hot end temperature, suddenly the X-axis and the Extuder motors stopped responding. I can move the Y and Z axes without a problem. Tried to change the stepstick and motors on different places on the board, but that didn't change anything, except of the swapping of the axes, so they may be fine. Don't know if the RAMPS or the Arduino is damaged, I can't smell anything. There seem to be no firmware problems, since I was been able to re-upload it to the Arduino. I should also mention that the thermostats show a wired jumping, that didn't happen when everything was fine.
What i think is that the high voltage ceramic heater wire interfered with the thermostat wire and caused damage on the electronics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2015 05:21PM by Sparticle.
Re: X and Extruder motors suddenly not working. RAMPS 1.4, please HELP!
January 16, 2015 05:43PM
You can test the non-working stepper motors and wiring by temporarily plugging the stepper motor wiring into a known-working set of pins on the RAMPS. This will cut your diagnoses in half!

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
January 16, 2015 05:51PM
Yes I did it. The Nema 17 and the stepsticks are working, only the board has non working pins... On the Y and Z working pins I can run all stepsticks and motors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2015 05:52PM by Sparticle.
January 16, 2015 08:01PM
Sparticle
>>>. I should also mention that the thermostats show a wired jumping, that didn't happen when everything was fine.>>>
What do you mean "wired jumping"?

Anyway, Sounds like the Arduino is faulty especially if a cable has shorted somewhere.

January 16, 2015 08:21PM
By wired jumping I mean that the thermostat doesn't show a constant temperature, even that it should, instead it jumps all the time +- 5 grades and when I try to move the X motor it jumps even more + 15 grades. Hope that only the RAMPS 1.4 is damaged. I guess I can't fix it, have to buy a new set.
February 10, 2015 12:05PM
New update, I bought a new Arduino, and the very same problem, the ramps 1.4 is the problem. waiting for it to arrive to and test again. I know that the software is right, because it were working before the problem was present.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login