Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OpenSource design where bed doesn't move?

Posted by PulsedMedia 
OpenSource design where bed doesn't move?
January 24, 2015 09:40AM
Which good opensource designs there is where bed doesn't move, or at maximum moves in Z?
Preferrably something easy to scale to desired size and widely used. CoreXY is a plus.

Is there a good design available?

I'm considering building another printer for which i'd like to have Z of at least 150mm and either X or Y 450-600mm to print something in one go instead of splitting to multiple pieces.
Otherwise it can be rather basic - will be running only single extruder, but has to be using proper bearings.
Re: OpenSource design where bed doesn't move?
January 24, 2015 01:43PM
PulsedMedia
Which good opensource designs there is where bed doesn't move, or at maximum moves in Z?
Preferrably something easy to scale to desired size and widely used. CoreXY is a plus.

Is there a good design available?

I'm considering building another printer for which i'd like to have Z of at least 150mm and either X or Y 450-600mm to print something in one go instead of splitting to multiple pieces.
Otherwise it can be rather basic - will be running only single extruder, but has to be using proper bearings.

Have a look at Zeologic's thread After H-Bot go CoreXY in the Core XY Part of the forum mind you will have to scale if you want that sort of size.

I have never heard of joining parts in either the X or Y axis it has always been in the Z?

Doug.
January 26, 2015 04:02PM
Any of the Delta designs popular now (Kossel, Rostock) have fixed print beds. But these are designed for printing tall in a smaller diameter build area rather than large X/Y with a shorter Z that you are describing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2015 04:04PM by dclarkm.
January 26, 2015 07:50PM
Z can be tall too not a problem, just not required smiling smiley

Delta has some other design considerations than cardasian - i'd rather to stick closer to what i already know.

what i would like to use it for would be REALLY hard to print upwards - couldn't do it without support material, but with large X or Y can print without support.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login