Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Suzanne the monkey head

Posted by rich1812 
Suzanne the monkey head
January 24, 2015 08:03PM
Hi, I am wondering how to print suzanne the monkey head from Blender I tried without much success because there are so many parts of Suzanne are suspended from the plate. In general, I am not sure how to print any objects that contains protruded and suspended parts. As you can see it collapsed on both sides. Also I couldn't print it by the in the upright position so I rotated it to lie on a flat surface. What I do know is that it can be done because I have seen Suzanne printed nicely on the net. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2015 08:28PM by rich1812.
Attachments:
open | download - collapsed1.jpg (106.7 KB)
Re: Suzanne the monkey head
January 25, 2015 04:39AM
first option be use rafts and support , maybe next use the latest slic3r split the model in half " if the print lifts, it leave gab in the side of the head" downside to the split,
Re: Suzanne the monkey head
January 26, 2015 04:13AM
I've already made a Suzane. First I made the mesh manifold, and rotate it to have the maximum surface touching the printing plate. In Slic3r, you must also activate the support materials for the ears, and better put Brim Width at 3mm. I'll try to post the stl I used if it could help you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2015 05:57PM by kimented_.
Attachments:
open | download - monkey.stl (56.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login