"Correct" wiring order for Stepper motors
January 29, 2015 09:14PM
Hi, I'm working my way through a prusa i3 build but my stepper motor wire colours seem to be different from the guides I have seen. My motors have red, green, blue and yellow. I know how to work out the two pairs, but is there a particular colour sequence I should use so that the stepper direction is correct with the default firmware settings? I have Marlin firmware.

Another short question I have is regarding the thermistor wire. I used speaker cable for the heated bed and then just used the same stuff for the thermistor, as opposed to thermistor wire that I've seen mentioned in the build guides. Would this matter? I imagine not, unless the thermistor wiring itself has sufficient resistance to influence the reading.
Re: "Correct" wiring order for Stepper motors
January 29, 2015 09:34PM
Wire colors may be different for different manufacturers. Use a multi-meter to determine which wires are pairs. (Lots of tutorials online for this).
January 29, 2015 10:02PM
Thanks for the reply. I have pairs of red-green and blue-yellow. Is the easiest option for me to just connect the two pairs, then test and adjust firmware setting if things move backwards?
January 30, 2015 12:52AM
If it won't turn at all try reversing connections to one pair of the wires.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login