Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

prusa i3 really bad z wobble. I think

Posted by zastin17 
prusa i3 really bad z wobble. I think
February 27, 2015 12:54PM
I purchase a prusa i3 rework kit and assembled it I calibrated it and after some fine tuning everything worked perfect except for some bad problems with the prints I get really bad z wobble and deformedn layers. Also when printing a cylander where ever the hotend moved up to the next layer the moved slightly in a wrong directed so prints that should be straght end up slanted. Is this a issue that can be fixed? Here is a pic of a object I printed. Also this is a tuba mouthpiece and should be semetrical on all sides but its not. Also when it makes circles its perfect all the motors are perfectly calibrates step wise
Re: prusa i3 really bad z wobble. I think
February 27, 2015 01:38PM
That looks like a combination of a couple things,
Heat, speed and maybe missed steps.
I would try printing it slower and see if things improve.
February 27, 2015 09:47PM
I set the heat to 232 and I only print at about 25mm per second I make it slow just to make sure that nothing happens how can I diagnose missed steps?
February 27, 2015 09:53PM
OK I looked at the temps and they look good. My delta reprap has the same temps. of about 70c so I don't think its missed steps also the drifting on the axis happens when the z axis moves of in a difference location so its definitely the z axis. I have calibrated everything perfectly so its not that. I have printed some new top plastic pieces that also can hold the threaded rods straight. I'm going to try to print some z axis braces to help I will post results. ALSO PLEASE STILL RESPOND IF YOU HAVE ANYMORE SUGESTIONS
February 27, 2015 10:52PM
Here is a better image of the wobble. I made it a little better by removing the couplings and reinstalling them being sure they are perfect but there is still some annoying banding. Its printed at 200 microns/ 0.2mm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2015 10:54PM by zastin17.
February 28, 2015 05:04AM
zastin17
I have calibrated everything perfectly so its not that.
Maybe you did. Can you describe your full procedure ? We need to be sure before to go a step further.

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
February 28, 2015 10:09AM
Are you using metric or imperial threaded rods for your z-axis? Also, what are you using for a layer height? If your layer height is incompatible with your thread pitch, it will result in a fractional number of steps which your motors will not be able to achieve. That can give you the fat layer, skinny layer, fat layer, effect that you're seeing. Take a look at Prusa's calculator and work out your optimal layer height.

Also take a look at your calibrations, as mentioned above. If everything else is right, you may be extruding too much plastic. If you have a set of calipers, try using these calibration clamps (shamless plug for me) that I made last year. Enlarge the thumbnails for the full view and the instructions will make more sense.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2015 10:18AM by stonedcoldskier.
March 01, 2015 08:44PM
There metric rods and also I installed the anti wobble nuts and spring fix and the wobble it allot better but there is still smaller wobble. I will print at either 0.2 mm or 0.1. I'm no longer having any parts that are not straight up and down. I'm going to re calibrate by ext ruder and will post the results.
March 02, 2015 11:28AM
So I removed the x axis belt and I noticed it was really right so I removed it and on of the z axis rods is perfectly straight the other one is two but the coupling was not made perfectly the center hole for it is not centered correctly. I'm going to try to print some couplings to fix those issues and will post resultssmiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login