Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E3DV6 and the Prusa i3, how did you get it installed?

Posted by Gannicus 
E3DV6 and the Prusa i3, how did you get it installed?
March 06, 2015 07:38PM
Anyone have any links for the printable files to get this thing installed?

I plan on going with a Wades, but I haven't found anything good, and want to know how everyone did it here.

Pics would be a bonus. Or website with a tutorial, video...something.
I have the E3DV6 sitting on my kitchen table, and it's KILLING me to not be able to install it yet.
Re: E3DV6 and the Prusa i3, how did you get it installed?
March 07, 2015 12:02AM
Gannicus
Anyone have any links for the printable files to get this thing installed?

I plan on going with a Wades, but I haven't found anything good, and want to know how everyone did it here.

Pics would be a bonus. Or website with a tutorial, video...something.
I have the E3DV6 sitting on my kitchen table, and it's KILLING me to not be able to install it yet.

Same here. Just ordered the Folger Prusa i3 and a E3DV6. Been looking around myself. Have found bits and pieces but nothing to tie it all together.

-Kevin
March 07, 2015 04:48AM
Skarab Wade Extruder winking smiley

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
March 07, 2015 09:44AM
Zavashier

Dude...thanks a million. Is this what you are using?

Also, I already have the fishbone gears printed from a wades reloaded kit, you think I could use those instead? Besides already having them printed, they look awesome. LOL
March 07, 2015 10:50AM
It's what I use actualy. Fishbone is pretty if you like it, but won't change your print quality. I dunno if you can install them on Skarab's extruder. Start buy printing the extruder's body, then test your gears. If you have to print new ones it's no big deal.

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
March 07, 2015 11:49AM
Zavashier

Thanks! Appreciate it. Is there anywhere to get a list of hardware needed?
March 07, 2015 11:49AM
Zavashier
It's what I use actualy. Fishbone is pretty if you like it, but won't change your print quality. I dunno if you can install them on Skarab's extruder. Start buy printing the extruder's body, then test your gears. If you have to print new ones it's no big deal.

Printing the body and idler as we speak. winking smiley

What did you end up using for the hobbed bolt? Did you make one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2015 11:50AM by Gannicus.
March 07, 2015 12:14PM
Hobbed Bolt
2pcs M3 THC (Din 912) 50mm - for spring load idler
3pcs M3 THC (Din 912) 30mm - for hotend mount and idler
3pcs M3 THC (Din 912) 12mm - for motor mount
1pc M3 THC (Din 912) 10mm - for hotend fan mount
5pcs M3 nut (Din 934) - for idler, small gear, hotend and hotend fan
2pcs M8 nut (Din 934) - for hobbed bolt
1pcs M3 Hex socket (DIN 913) 6mm - for small gear
1pc M8x20mm shaft - for idler's 608 bearing
3pcs 608 bearings - for hobbed bolt and idler
2pcs 6*6mm springs - for spring load idler

Note, still needs screws to mount extruder on your x carriage plate. (size depends of your plate). The side fan mount attach to the two lower screws which needs to be longer if you use side fans.

March 07, 2015 12:20PM
Zavashier
Hobbed Bolt

Note, still needs screws to mount extruder on your x carriage plate. (size depends of your plate). The side fan mount attach to the two lower screws which needs to be longer if you use side fans.

You're the best! Thank you!
March 07, 2015 12:26PM
Zavashier
Hobbed Bolt

I don't think I'll be using those fans, I never print PLA. But thanks for that parts list pal!

Did you make your hobbed bolt or buy it? If so which one, or what guide did you use?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2015 12:26PM by Gannicus.
March 07, 2015 02:31PM
I`m using this one: [www.thingiverse.com]
Works very well, zero problems just print it at least 50%infil
March 09, 2015 06:51PM
If you're interested, I've modified the Wade's to take an E3D v6 and support flexible filament. The trick is to get a bowden tube (for 1.75mm filament) from up near the hobbed bolt all the way down through the E3D V6. You can download the build manual and STL files from [www.3dkarma.com].

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
March 09, 2015 07:21PM
3dkarma
If you're interested, I've modified the Wade's to take an E3D v6 and support flexible filament. The trick is to get a bowden tube (for 1.75mm filament) from up near the hobbed bolt all the way down through the E3D V6. You can download the build manual and STL files from [www.3dkarma.com].

Thank you. Wish I had known about you before I ordered mine lol. With out a doubt, the best instructions and illustrations I have seen. Great job.

Thanks again!
-Kevin
March 10, 2015 03:36AM
Gannicus
Did you make your hobbed bolt or buy it? If so which one, or what guide did you use?
I bought the hobbed bolt of the link in the BOM list. I've got a metalworking lathe and did some trys. Without a lathe, it seems to me very difficult to get good results. What people does not often knows, is that you need to be very precise on the hobbed area's diameter (within 0.1mm). Both setup and operation takes time. Except if you want to produce parts by numbers, it does not worth the time and the money. Appreciate a perfect life time hobbed bolt cost $5 or less, it's not expensive for 8.8 or 12.8 good quality steel. You don't want to make one from a cheap home depot's bolt, it'll be a weak unclean hob with possible tooth comming out, ready to clogg definitely any nozzle. Broke a tap during this process and it will cost you much more ! You'd rather buy one.

I forget to mention that skarab's extuder is ready for any filament because the filament is guided from start to end.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login