Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Movement Scale is Off

Posted by peterno3 
Movement Scale is Off
March 08, 2015 09:11PM
I'm almost complete building my first reprap, but I am running into an issue i can't seem to find a fix for; it appears the scale of movement is off. I homed my X, Y, and Z axises, and commanded all 3 to move 10mm. My X and Y both moved 150mm, and my Z moved 15mm.

Does anyone happen to know if there is somewhere I can go to adjust my movement scale? If it helps, I am using Marlin firmware (can't seem to find version #), Printrun 2014.03.10, and NEMA17 stepper motors. Thanks in advance
Re: Movement Scale is Off
March 09, 2015 12:48AM
Configuration h file in Marlin, look for steps per mm in the middle of the file.
March 09, 2015 01:44AM
Thanks for the reply. The defaults are set to "78.7402, 78.7402, 533.3333333, 865.888". I did some calculations based on my components using this, and the X and Y at least seem about right (i got 80 for both).

One thing i noticed in the advanced configuration though, is the microstepping. I'm currently set to do 1/16th microstepping i believe (#define MICROSTEP_MODES {16,16,16,16,16}). Is it possible that the motors are stepping 16x as much as they are supposed to? Not sure if this is something that could get screwed up, it just seemed like it might be connected
March 09, 2015 06:52AM
Check if you've got jumpers on the control board for the steppersticks. This will cause the stepperdriver into microsteps mode (if you don't have jumpers on the control board, it will do full steps, if all 3 jumpers are placed it will do 16 or 32 steps per full step (depending on the stepper stick).
March 09, 2015 01:50PM
Ah, that would be the problem, I didn't know i needed jumpers. I did some searching around, but can't find too much information about them. I think i finally found an image of their locations though, and will give it a shot. Thanks for your help

March 09, 2015 05:22PM
Yep, that's where the jumpers should go, that should do the trick!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login