Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folger Tech Heatbed

Posted by Chris732 
Folger Tech Heatbed
March 18, 2015 02:38PM
I am having a problem with my i3 heatbed. First i noticed the parts starting to curl up on the edges. So I did the usual.. hair spray... then glue stick without luck. I began to only notice this on larger prints. It turns out from the thermistor forward the bed seems to be normal hot temperature(70c). From the thermistor back it starts to cool to the point its cold near the edge. Does this sound like a bad bed or some other issue?
Re: Folger Tech Heatbed
March 18, 2015 07:31PM
It depends if it's a 12V/24V compatible bed. It could be that you've wired the bed for 12V use but forgot to put the two halves of the bed in parallel (for 24V they should be in series).

On the MK2B heated bed for example you need to connect +12V to terminal 1 and ground to both 2 and 3.
March 19, 2015 08:45AM
I have a 12 v setup... Wiring is the same as above. Bad heatbead?
March 19, 2015 01:49PM
Do you have a way to measure temperature ? Sometimes thermistors are not that accurate. My heatbed is cooler about 7°C. So I raised a bit the asked temperature.

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
March 19, 2015 02:25PM
I can check the temperature but my concern the fact that the bed is cold towards rear its like there is a gradual decline in temperature from center to rear. Just using my hand I can feel it drop. Center to front is very consistent in temperature. . Take a look at the picture red= hot yellow= warm blue= cold.
Attachments:
open | download - F04657-PCB-Heatbed-MK2B-font-b-Heat-b-font-font-b-Bed-b-font-Hot-Plate.jpg (96.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login