Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa issues.Help needed...

Posted by he3r0 
Prusa issues.Help needed...
March 24, 2015 07:30PM
Hello,
I'm in the process of finishing my Prusa (I thought it is finished, but some things needs tweaking i guess)
So, im on the process of printing 20x20x20 hollow cube, this one -> [www.thingiverse.com] (attached with temperature modification in g-code)
but as in picture, not much luck with it.

my steps per unit -> #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {160,160,5120,1511}
i had to multiply my calculations by 2, because if i tried to print everything was half the size.

now i was able to get decent quality of print, when I've fixed XY axis (right cube)
but once I've fixed (multiplied by 2) the Z axis, "cube" looks like on the left size.
I'm printing 1.75 ABS, on 240C, with bed at 100C
head I'm using is 2 -> 0.3
at this moment i've set "layer height in Slic3r's Print settings option to 0.1mm) (can i set to to 0.05mm?)

I'm a bit lost on this one, and do not know where to look at sad smiley
plz help smiling smiley
Attachments:
open | download - 20x20x20_hollow_cube.jpg (114.3 KB)
open | download - 20mm_hollow_cube.gcode (37.3 KB)
Re: Prusa issues.Help needed...
March 25, 2015 07:46PM
Firstly, go to the reprap calculator site and get the correct steps per mm for your build. [prusaprinters.org]

Secondly, calibrate the e-steps per mm of your extruder, as per the reprap wiki. [reprap.org]

It would be worthwhile going through the other calibration steps on the wiki, too.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
March 26, 2015 08:28PM
The first Step in calibrating your printer is getting a good starting point, as advised above use the calculator to get the settings for your steps per MM, you do not need to calibrate these further.

the next thing is to make sure your printer is mechanically sound, if you have free play in your axis or are skipping steps then you wont be able to calibrate (you wont get repeatable results as the skipping steps or backlash wont always be the same)

check your belt tension make sure this is tight
Check your X carriage to see if it is loose and wobbles
Check your HotEnd, depending on how you mount this it can move around a bit, you want that to stay on point, a lot of people need to place washers between their extruder and hotend as the hole is often deeper than the top of the HotEnd.

from there you need to measure your fillament and start calculating your steps per mm for the E axis as this does need to be calibrated
March 27, 2015 04:13AM
thanks guys,
calibration was done twice before I've posted,
and i've ended up adjusting layer height to 0.1 and that did the trick. (first to 0.05mm but that was a "no-no", and back to 0.1mm)
(completely other issue is "how" to use slic3r, to recalculate stl's layer height.)

but thank you for help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2015 04:14AM by he3r0.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login