Advanced

Bed adhesion on long prints

Posted by dfrogy 
Bed adhesion on long prints
March 29, 2015 09:43PM
heres little clip show my problems [youtu.be]
Re: Bed adhesion on long prints
March 30, 2015 01:29AM
ticker layer of hairspray,so thick that the first layer really digs into the hairspray layer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 01:30AM by sungod3k.
March 30, 2015 11:05PM
is wet when printing or dry.
March 30, 2015 11:52PM
I spray when I start heating my bed. By the time its ready to print its plenty dry.
March 31, 2015 05:39AM
To improve your hairspray efficiency, spray when the bed is cold, then allow it to dry, then you can heat it up. I don't have any bed adhesion or wrapping issue since I buit an enclosure. This can be realy basic one made out of styrofoam. That's what I did at the start, now I've built a cabinet for the printer and all the stuff needed around (filament stock, spray, tools...)

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
April 06, 2015 11:55PM
update clean the bed spraying cold let it dry and heating is the best way i have found. but i am still new at 3D printing. i found if you keep bed on all the time it work good. thanks for help
Ray
April 07, 2015 07:37AM
I got similar problem printing ABS and solved it covering the bed with Kepton tape and increasing the print bed temperature to 120°C (248°F) for the first layer and 110°C (230°F) for the others (I am considering to print at 120 °C for much longer time now because of delimitation pb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2015 07:38AM by Ray.
April 09, 2015 04:02AM
What are your settings? you could thy to reduce the first layer height to (80%) and at the same time increase first layer width to (120 - 200%)

Then it will get a bigger surface area on the first layer, this shoud give you better adhesion to the bed.
April 09, 2015 04:01PM
I've been printing with blue transient and black and the black seems to not is stick is good as the blue but if I clean the bed and hairspray before heat up the bed it seems to stick pretty good if you have any other problems or if you have any more suggestions let me know thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2015 04:02PM by dfrogy.
April 10, 2015 02:19PM
It happened to me as well. I found that keeping the bed temp lower (I keep it around 65-70C, seems to help, also I applied a thick even coat of hair spray on a clean bed, wait for it to dry, , then before I print I spray more on the corners where it's likely to buckle so the corners stick better. Also babysit your print, press down the corners once so often before it starts to buckle. It works for me. Hope this helps.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2015 02:23PM by rich1812.
April 11, 2015 06:29PM
PLA or ABS?

Ben
April 17, 2015 05:42AM
I am also having this problem. Printing on blue painters tape. Sits great for small prints but the longers ones come lose on the edges.

ABS, 3mm, nozzle .4mm, layer thickness.3mm, all layers .3mm,

Printing slow at 30mm/sec for the bottom layers.

Should i bring down the bed heat or increase after the first layers. current temp 100 degrees for complete print.

Riaan
April 17, 2015 06:36AM
rich1812
It happened to me as well. I found that keeping the bed temp lower (I keep it around 65-70C, seems to help, also I applied a thick even coat of hair spray on a clean bed, wait for it to dry, , then before I print I spray more on the corners where it's likely to buckle so the corners stick better. Also babysit your print, press down the corners once so often before it starts to buckle. It works for me. Hope this helps.
rich you hit on the head.
April 17, 2015 06:36AM
plexer
PLA or ABS?

Ben
PLA
April 17, 2015 06:47AM
RiaanLR
I am also having this problem. Printing on blue painters tape. Sits great for small prints but the longers ones come lose on the edges.

ABS, 3mm, nozzle .4mm, layer thickness.3mm, all layers .3mm,

Printing slow at 30mm/sec for the bottom layers.

Should i bring down the bed heat or increase after the first layers. current temp 100 degrees for complete print.

Riaan
i don't use blue tape so i can tell you. but my 3cent is on clean glass two lite layer of hair spray when bed is cold let dry. start heating bed stray little more on bed. leave the heat on the hold time you print. PLA 60 to 75 in ABS around 100. let me know that works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2015 06:51AM by dfrogy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login