Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yet another FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER issue....need some help

Posted by 55rebel 
Re: Yet another FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER issue....need some help
January 14, 2016 02:09PM
so ive been having all the same issues as you guys... i built my printer, uploaded the firmware as per the instructions from folger tech, tried commenting/uncommenting the config.h file and still get a black box in my lcd. i went googling and found the newest marlin that is out and did the same thing... comment/uncomment the proper stuff and viola! the lcd works fine... but now the controls on the printer are all wonky. pressing home on the X axis moves it about 10mm in the opposite direction. lol. ive since gone back to the folger tech version but would love some help troubleshooting it. ive tried line by line comparison but too much is different... not sure what to change/add. thanks guys for all the info in this thread.
January 20, 2016 05:29PM
i got it working! not exactly sure what happened differently, but i went to github and downloaded a version of marlin that was compiled by "therippa" which has the newest marlin with the folger tech settings imported in already. i uncommented the sd card support as well as the graphic controller and changed the motherboard to 33. viola! oh yea, i changed the # of lines to 128x64... not sure if i had to tho. great info here guys, thanks!

heres the link in case you're interested:
[github.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2016 05:29PM by MykalVapes.
January 23, 2016 05:54PM
I had the same problems until I moved my Marlin folder to the ardunio/sketches folder . I did have my copy of Marlin in a different place on my hd but after adding the uglib file in ardunio libraries it wouldn't complie until they were all in the same place. It works now except for the sd card do I have to uncomment something else to get it to work ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login