Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Small hotend + cheap control board

Posted by UltraSaucy 
Small hotend + cheap control board
April 19, 2015 10:27PM
So i am currently working on building a 3d printer using the assemblies from old dvd drives. Because of the small, weak motors I am trying to find the smallest hotend avalible.(and at a reasonable price) so far the KISS hotend is promising, but i have to fabricate it myself. What are some small hotends? Also, what is the cheapest controller board? I am on a tight budget, and i dont really need many features ( no heated bed, dual nozzel, ect). So far i have found that the ramps 1.4 is the cheapest. Any others? Thanks
Re: Small hotend + cheap control board
April 20, 2015 01:36PM
Check out Sanguinololu and E3D-lite6.
June 15, 2018 12:30AM
Another option would be to buy a "3d pen" and modify it. You should also check out several of the many You Tube videos on making a 3d printer from discarded drives.

Here is a link to one:

[www.youtube.com]

Best of luck!
June 15, 2018 01:13PM
I plan to launch a Kickstarter campaign for the Zatsit delta kit very soon.

The kit includes an ultra-simple and ultra-light water-cooled hot-end adapter that can be purchased separately.

It is shown on the photo, with its support, specific to Zatsit, but it can be adapted to any situation. I think it's the lightest Hot-End on the market, and it can, indeed, improve machines with little power, or suffering from ringing, due to excessive inertia of the Hot-End.

Video (in French) here : [vimeo.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login