Advanced

Where to get quality lm8uu linear bearings

Posted by Nikki81 
Re: Where to get quality lm8uu linear bearings
July 23, 2018 02:30PM
August 29, 2018 05:25PM
I gave up and bought some cheap Drylin linear bearings. They have two issues:
No hardened steel (no steel at all) so they will wear out eventually. Solutionmoody smiley Buy a bunch and replace as needed!
These MUST BE PERFECTLY ALIGNED or they don't work. Alignment was a pain, but oh so quiet when all was done.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
October 19, 2018 03:05PM
Hi,

use 8mm plated hardened rods and Igus Polymer bearings. I bought mine on Aliexpress and they are great. No noise, no failing bearing balls. The price is low, on Aliexpress you pay something like $3 to $8 for a hardened chrome plated steel rod and about $2 to $3 for a Solid Polymer LM8UU Bearing.
You can use the Polymer bearing as you would use ball bearings. The dimensions are the same. Only: no oil or grease!
I use them in my 3D printer already a few years without any problems and with minimum play.
If you don't like to buy in China, Try SKF for the steel rods and Igus for the bearings. Then you've got top-quality (for a top price of course).

You can also print bearings on your printer and see how the method suits you. Thingivers has some files that can help you. After you've seen they work, you can buy real ones if you like.

Good luck!
October 19, 2018 03:49PM
old thread but it seems the LUU's arent mentioned...dont bother with the short ones.
January 02, 2019 05:54PM
JamesK
Has anyone tried the graphite lubed bronze bushings?

i am using this kind of bushings in the z axis rods . i am very happy with them . i have a pair of them on every rod . one shelf-lubricated ( i think it has grahite) and the other one a normal bushing ( needs lube but i dont do it ).

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login