Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Raspberry Pi

Posted by elwood127 
Raspberry Pi
May 17, 2015 05:39PM
Re: Raspberry Pi
May 17, 2015 08:30PM
FYI, that is last generation's B+ model.....
May 18, 2015 11:30AM
Yup, there is a newer model out, the 2 B with 1GB RAM and quad core processor.

Anyway, not trying to hijack this thread, but is anyone else using OctoPi with their 3d printer? I absolutely love it.
May 18, 2015 01:45PM
widespreaddeadhead
Yup, there is a newer model out, the 2 B with 1GB RAM and quad core processor.

Anyway, not trying to hijack this thread, but is anyone else using OctoPi with their 3d printer? I absolutely love it.

I'd like to get my set up with OctoPi. Did you find a good guide for setting this up?
May 18, 2015 02:24PM
Tom's guide on youtube got me rolling pretty quickly, but I'm pretty familiar with Raspberry Pi so as long as you can get the image on the MicroSD and boot it up, the rest is just getting the printer settings correct. The European girl who programs it updates it with new features from time to time. I'd recommend using the ethernet vs wifi, especially if you have a PiCam hooked-up, I can get almost streaming quality through ethernet, but my cam just freezes on a single frame on the wifi. It has time lapse function for the camera also, which is very nice. If you're printing for someone else, share the video with them, they'll love it.
May 18, 2015 03:49PM
widespreaddeadhead
Tom's guide on youtube got me rolling pretty quickly, but I'm pretty familiar with Raspberry Pi so as long as you can get the image on the MicroSD and boot it up, the rest is just getting the printer settings correct. The European girl who programs it updates it with new features from time to time. I'd recommend using the ethernet vs wifi, especially if you have a PiCam hooked-up, I can get almost streaming quality through ethernet, but my cam just freezes on a single frame on the wifi. It has time lapse function for the camera also, which is very nice. If you're printing for someone else, share the video with them, they'll love it.

Awesome. Thank-you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login