Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cherry pi delta III effector?

Posted by Ben.folkes 
Cherry pi delta III effector?
May 21, 2015 06:01PM
A friend of mine has asked me to sort the print quality of his cherry pi delta III and something sprung out from the hotend. I just have 2 springs hanging off from separate screws and no idea where they attach. Also, there's an end stop switch on top of the hotend and I have no idea what it's for or how to adjust the nozzle distance from the bed. I'm really hoping someone understands what I mean. Thanks for the help in advance.
Re: Cherry pi delta III effector?
May 21, 2015 06:30PM
Do the parts look anything like this [docs.google.com] ?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 21, 2015 07:15PM
The hotend is mounted to a hinge-type setup at the top. The springs hold the hotend down. When the hotend touches the glass, it lifts off of the switch to trigger contact. When that happens, the nozzle distance is a tad below zero. smiling smiley

There are pictures in AndyCart's Cherry Pi III Thingiverse entry:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:344408

You can reach AndyCart on this site in the Delta section. I don't know if he reads the general posts or not.....
May 21, 2015 08:22PM
Thanks a lot, I managed to put it back together. For some reason, when I start a print, it doesn't use the z probe. It just moves the hotend down and starts to print after homing at the top three end stops
Cheers for the help
May 22, 2015 06:57AM
That's the way a Delta is supposed to work! The probe is only used if you run an automatic calibration.....
May 23, 2015 01:34AM
That explains a lot. I know a fair amount about Cartesian style printers but I'm trying to learn about delta style now. Could anyone point out any major differences between the two in terms of running operations and maintenance of them? Cheers for the help
May 23, 2015 08:09AM
Visit the Delta section on this forum. It's where all the cool people smiling smiley hang out. Well, here and in the Google Deltabot group.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login