Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z-axis moving slow

Posted by slanwar 
Z-axis moving slow
June 04, 2015 12:06AM
Finally I got my auto leveling to work and I start the printer to print a gear, because was still cold I left from my garage and I completely forgot about it, ok big spaghetti chunk of plastic because my hot end start printing in the air, so I still have to play with auto leveling calibration.... but my Z axis now moves damn slow and if I hit 10 mm only moves a few mms, replaced the stepper drive checked the voltage 0.350v and still too slow. This auto leveling is killing my patience and my printer I may go back to the way I had.
Re: Z-axis moving slow
June 04, 2015 03:31AM
What type of printer? Delta or Core-XY or cartesian? Shall we guess to give you advice?
-Olaf
June 04, 2015 09:03AM
Calibrate your Z-axis?
June 04, 2015 11:48AM
folger prusa i3
June 04, 2015 11:53AM
I checked that as well and the funny thing is if I type G28 the z axis moves normally but anything else I do like g29 or trying to raise my z and is slow as hell besides if I hit 10 mm moves maybe 3 or 4 mm. I ordered another ramps just in case because when the printer was printing my "Picasso art" did a lot of pressure against the extruder and the board was buzzing with a red light flashing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2015 11:54AM by slanwar.
June 06, 2015 12:01AM
One thing I found out is when I upload the new firmware my z-axis runs slow but soon I upload the old version that came with the printer works fine.
June 06, 2015 01:13AM
And you matched all the settings in Configuration.h from your old firmware to the new version before you built and uploaded it, right? Specifically, accelerations and steps per mm?

- Tim
June 06, 2015 09:17AM
Yes and I'm going to redo the file again and try with a brand new cheap looking arduino and ramps board I just got it.
June 06, 2015 12:23PM
If it works with the old firmware, it isn't a hardware problem, this is almost 100% certain to be a config error, especially when manual moves work on the new firmware as well . . .

- Tim
June 06, 2015 07:33PM
Okay I redo the configuration file and I realized I missed a few settings from the old config but now my Z - always the damn Z endstop will not stop the movement of the axis, typed M119 and says triggered (I checked with my finger and changes from open to triggered) again something wrong with my config file. That's my config file and if someone can take a look and see whats wrong, I have a feeling deleting or adding the 2 // would fix the issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2015 07:33PM by slanwar.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (35 KB)
June 06, 2015 10:28PM
MAX or MIN? You can home at either, but the setting needs to match what the endstop is plugged in to.

If the version of Marlin from Folger still works, then methinks there is one more setting you missed - possibly the definition to home at min or max . . . If the old version works, we know the hardware and wiring is correct. And no settings changed that I can think of from th4 Folger shipped Marlin to the current versions, you just need to verify every line in Configuration.h and possibly Configuration_adv.h

- Tim
June 11, 2015 03:07AM
Try change the EEPROM mode to 1 in configuration.h
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login