wierd (room-)temperatur swing on lcd display
June 23, 2015 01:34PM
Hello,

I try to run Marlin Developers Version with Mesh-Bed-Leveling. Since I changed Firmware I recieve wierd temperature values on my lcd-display even when the Printer is not running and should only show room-temperature.

The Temperature just swings every second between 24 and 25 degrees.

Has anyone had similar Problems?

I use an own built corexy Printer. E3D Hotends and Thermistorcouples from Mendel-Parts. They used to run perfectly with the "old" Marlin release. Just since I changed to Mesh-Bed-Leveling the same Chosen Thermistors wont give the same values.

Unfortunately I have had awesome results with mesh-leveling and i will not have to miss it.

thanks for your help guys
Moesling
Re: wierd (room-)temperatur swing on lcd display
June 23, 2015 01:52PM
Maybe the temp is around 24.4-24.6°C and toggles the AD-converter?
Just a little breeze or a human approaching is enough to tip it over.
-Olaf
Re: wierd (room-)temperatur swing on lcd display
June 24, 2015 10:59AM
Thank you very much for your reply Olav,

I really don't think that this is an issue of a real change in temperature. With the former used Marlin Firmware I've seen stable (room-) temperatures on all thermistors. And all 3 thermistors showed the same temp.
Now the value changes twice a second from 24 to 25 and back. (in fact... the lcd temperature changes much faster than the temperature shown in Repetier Host when the Printer is running)

The developers Edition Firmware is really tricky - in my opinion. There are so many things different to the normal release. I simply don't know where to search first.
Probably it would be a good idea to just integrate the mesh-bed-leveling into my "old" Firmware Release. But I can not just integrate mesh_bed_leveling.h and mesh_med_leveling.cpp into my sketch. It won't compile.

I will try to do a long print for several hours and hope that the Printer don't fail.
Hope it works either way.

Thanks again Olav
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login