Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Megatronics v2 and LCD not working

Posted by Maggia 
Megatronics v2 and LCD not working
July 24, 2015 11:08PM
I am almost finished building my 3d printer, however I have reached a bit of a snag. I purchased the Megatronics v2 board from SainSmart, and the 12864 lcd to go along with it. I have the board working perfectly, however the lcd only has a backlight on and no picture
I have turned the trimpots both on the board for contrast, and the one on the back of the display to no avail. The only thing that appears to be working is whenever I click the encoder, the piezo on the board makes noise.
Im using Marlin firmware on it, and have fiddled with the lcd settings as much as I can. However it does nothing to the display.
Currently not commented is #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER which from my knowledge is the only thing that needs to be enabled to make this work.
Any help would be fantastic, and am currently disappointed with this boards and lcd lack of documentation
Re: Megatronics v2 and LCD not working
July 25, 2015 07:14AM
There is also a define for DOG_LCD or something similar that's needed, along with adding the u8_glib IIRC. (It has been a year and a half since I last touched Marlin/Megatronics2.) RAMPS owners with the 12864 GLCD have the same problem building firmware with 12864 support, and I'm sure the archives are full of more precise answers.....
July 25, 2015 11:49AM
Nope, not needed, at least in recent Marlin. The ...GRAPHIC... define alone adds all the other stuff needed on Configuration_adv.h . . .

Addition of U8Glib is needed, but it should give compile errors without it . . .

Foger's 1.0.0, 1.0.2, and 1.0.3-dev all work here with the single define . . .

This sounds more like the clasic Chinese made, missing the contrast resistor LCD board issue from here . . .

- Tim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2015 11:51AM by tadawson.
July 25, 2015 12:50PM
Can you tell me where to solder the resistor at?

March 05, 2016 03:09PM
@tadawson:
How do you manage to get this working.
The only thing that works for me is the standard U8glib sketches.
If I uncomment the line "U8GLIB_ST7920_128X64_1X u8g(15, 30, 14);" all of the sketches work, like "Helloworld" or "GraphicsTest".
I've changed the pins to the megatronics-v2 pins from Marlin to be sure it isn't a pin order problem.

But the Marlin (fresh download from github 1.1.3) doesn't work at all. A blank screen is the only thing I get.

Could you please provide a configuration file? Or complete Marlin.zip

best regards.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login