Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Hotend

Posted by elwood127 
New Hotend
August 18, 2015 11:31PM
Hey all, I just installed a Prometheus V2 hotend. I had a problem with over extrusion and through a few emails with the designer tonight I learned how important the "extrusion multiplier" setting is. He was very helpfull. Anyway, The piece is beautifully machined and very small. Assembly was easy. Granted I've been using a cheap $20.00 China knockoff with what I thought were pretty good results, man was I wrong. With just a couple of test prints at different settings the results are staggering. I had to change my multiplier from 1 to .85 to get smooth infill layers I think because it flows so effortlessly. The surface of my print is all but glassy. Can't wait to dial it in further. I hope I don't get hit for sounding like a pitch man but damm, what a difference. If you are thinking of an upgrade this is worth trying. My only complaint was paying for 3 day delivery and getting it in 6 ( from Canada ). They did reimburse me for the shipping cost. I wish my camera did close ups to show you the quality of the prints. Oh, I ordered the .4 nozzle and installed a standard 100k thermistor so I wouldn't have to deal with setting changes. I don't think I'll need the high temp ability any time soon.
Re: New Hotend
August 20, 2015 10:25AM
I have a OneUp that came with the Anubis extruder. It was a struggle to print out anything. Got a Prometheus V1.1 and as you say, what a difference. Absolutely no jamming.
Re: New Hotend
August 24, 2015 12:51AM
Found out that I no longer have to draw holes .010 - ,015 larger to get the right printed size holes. It's printing almost exactly what I draw. Man does that make life easier.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login