Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printed some gears

Posted by steveo290 
Printed some gears
August 08, 2010 10:49PM
Here are a set of gears that I printed once I got my mendel calibrated a little better. The quality is still not there. I could use some pointers on what I should focus on next if anyone can comment. I am thinking that the infill needs to be tweaked so that the lines are laid down closer (Just infillWidth?) It also seems like the first layer of outline is not being laid down correctly, doesn't stick in all places. My TZ lasercut kit gears were cut at an angle so the side profile looks like a parallelogram and would skip a tooth every now and then, resulting in one side being higher off the bed after a few test prints. Hopefully this will solve that problem.
Attachments:
open | download - RepRap 004.jpg (30.7 KB)
open | download - RepRap 005.jpg (24.2 KB)
open | download - RepRap 006.jpg (52 KB)
Re: Printed some gears
September 11, 2010 07:24PM
Your extruder flow rate looks too low, and perhaps the flow rate is not constant. Try building some simple cubes, make sure you get good smooth extrusion. Building solid parts will tell you right away if your density calculations are off - make sure you watch it carefully, as a solid part printed at too high a density will cause the head to start ploughing plastic, possibly breaking something.

Wade
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login