Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shadow Prints

Posted by Confused 
Shadow Prints
September 12, 2015 03:39PM
So I finally got the printer working (the motors weren't moving because they sent me a bad power supply and a bad electronics board) but now I am getting some really horrible prints. The prints start out ok but as soon as it starts the printer starts with the faster movement it starts printing to the side of the print rather than going higher on the same piece (on the Z axis). I attached a pic of what Im talking about.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0004.JPG (246.8 KB)
open | download - IMG_0005.JPG (196.1 KB)
Re: Shadow Prints
September 12, 2015 04:25PM
Turn up the current on the driver for the axis thats skipping.
September 12, 2015 04:42PM
This was supposed to be a hook
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0006.JPG (210.6 KB)
September 12, 2015 04:45PM
This isn't a traditional board from what I am told. I have attached an image. When you tell me to increase the driver for the axis that is skipping I have no idea what you are talking about
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0007.JPG (350.7 KB)
September 12, 2015 05:16PM
Hi,

It's an exotic board, with drivers directly soldered on the board.
It's the first time I see that kind of board.
Honnestly, I don't know which board it is, and how to set it up.

But I can see several things you can fix meanwhile.

First, it looks like your prints does not stick to the bed properly.
Try some strong hairspray (no shine, just fixative).

Seccond, don't try to print too fast until your printer is well calibrated.
Stick to 30 or 40mm/s only with a low acceleration : #define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {2000,2000,70,2000}.
You will raise that parameters later when everything will be ok.

Try to calibrate properly the steps per millimeter of your extruder.
Tom's guide : [www.youtube.com]

++JM
September 13, 2015 12:17AM
This happened to me yesterday but it was because my part curled on one end and the nozzle hit the edge and made the x belt skip teeth. I agree that motor current is to low. Also, you may want to re-size your photos to a smaller rez.Took forever to load them.
September 15, 2015 12:41PM
Also, make sure your endstop wiring is separate from your stepper wiring.

It's tempting to 'tidy up' the endstop wires with the extruder and motor stepper wires, but the stepper signals can induce current on the endstop wires, and cause your electronics to report a 'endstop HIGH' event during your print.

This can cause the firmware to stop moving the 'endstopped' axis for a bit, but the other axes keep moving.

I had a similar issue on my delta (leading to head crashes and other nastyness) that immediately went away when I separately routed my endstop signals form the steppers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login