Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extrusion Rate Changing

Posted by kelen87 
Extrusion Rate Changing
September 14, 2015 10:25AM
Hello,

I'm new to Reprap but do have some printing experience. I've recently assembled my Sunhokey Prusa I3 printer and got it up and running. Made several tweaks and got some decent prints to come out. I'm using KISSlicer because I do see the advantages it has over others.

When I initiate a print, the perimeters lay down flawlessly, but when it gets to the infill and is moving at a higher rate, my extruder seems to multiply the extrusion rate. To the point where the gear actually starts to slip because its trying to feed too much. I've backed down the print speed and it seems to help a little but it definitely is still pushing WAY TOO MUCH....

My thoughts are it is a multiplier added to faster printing, I just don't know where or how to change this...Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Re: Extrusion Rate Changing
September 14, 2015 10:56AM
I don't know about KISSlicer, but I know that other slicers have a setting to set "infill extrusion-rate" if KISSlicer has such a setting try to lower it.

If I may ask: What are the advantages?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2015 11:00AM by Koenig.
September 14, 2015 11:06AM
Hi,

I don't use Kisslicer, but look at something like "infill density" or so.
But generic parameters should not produce overextrusion.
IMHO the problem is not with parameters.

The sunhockey's hotend fan looks to be too much high,
for a good cooling of the V5 hotend.
Overheating of the cold end can produce gear slipping, and bold extrusion.

Did you setup you extrusion parameters properly ?
Extruder calibration
Too high printing speed with an not so well calibrated extruder
can also produce that wrong issues.

Anyway, to me it's printer calibration problems, no slicer's settings.

++JM
September 14, 2015 11:54AM
The reason I like KISSlicer over the others is that it gets into more of the "nitty gritty" settings. Definitely good to tweak some aspects of a print to get optimum quality whereas other slicers seem to be more of a plug n play and you get what you get.
September 14, 2015 11:57AM
Thanks for the response!

The fan cooling the hot end down did come to mind. But when I look at the extruder gear while printing it goes at a slow "normal speed" during perimeters. But during the infill process you can see the gear has drastically sped up. I wouldn't think you'd be able to see full revolutions of the gear within a couple seconds, even if my hot end is indeed hot enough. Just seems "Hokey" lol pun intended.
September 14, 2015 12:20PM
kelen87
Thanks for the response!

The fan cooling the hot end down did come to mind. But when I look at the extruder gear while printing it goes at a slow "normal speed" during perimeters. But during the infill process you can see the gear has drastically sped up. I wouldn't think you'd be able to see full revolutions of the gear within a couple seconds, even if my hot end is indeed hot enough. Just seems "Hokey" lol pun intended.

As mentioned, look into "infill extrusion rate", "infill density" or what they may call it in KISSlicer.

"Keep It Simple Slicer" sounds more like a plug'n'play slicer.

Took a quick peek at it and the settings are very similar to the other slicers I've tried.

BTW, the setting you are looking for is called "Infill Extrusion Width".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login