Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 uneven layers and gaps.

Posted by fouad 
Prusa i3 uneven layers and gaps.
October 17, 2015 04:31AM
Every pla print will come out like this no matter the layer height. I have tried temps from 180-210. All my axis are calibrated. I have no idea what could be causing these gaps. Extrusion multiplier is also fine since I printed a single walled cube and calibrated it. These gaps were not present in the single walled cube.
Re: Prusa i3 uneven layers and gaps.
October 17, 2015 05:14AM
Too few perimeters? Do the waves change if you change the infill percentage?

Or backlash in a geared extruder?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2015 05:15AM by cristian.
October 17, 2015 05:21AM
Do all sides look the same or is the wobble related to X- or Y-direction?
Do you feel any vibration or noise from the linear bearings, when you move the bed/-x-carrier by hand? ( shut off power )
-Olaf
October 17, 2015 04:45PM
cristian
Too few perimeters? Do the waves change if you change the infill percentage?

Or backlash in a geared extruder?
My Extruder is direct drive. I think the waves may be caused by vibration.
October 17, 2015 04:48PM
o_lampe
Do all sides look the same or is the wobble related to X- or Y-direction?
Do you feel any vibration or noise from the linear bearings, when you move the bed/-x-carrier by hand? ( shut off power )
-Olaf
The gaps and waves are on all sides and there is a loud vibration coming from the bed but I cannot figure out how to stop it. I tried changing the current to the motor but it doesn't help. The only way to stop it is to print very slow but the gaps still show up when printing slowly.
October 17, 2015 08:17PM
I get the same diagonal pattern and noise. I am considering trying 4 bearings on the bed plate. I feel much more play on the side of the bed with only one bearing.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
October 17, 2015 09:23PM
msaeger
I get the same diagonal pattern and noise. I am considering trying 4 bearings on the bed plate. I feel much more play on the side of the bed with only one bearing.
yeah I also have a Folger i3 but I care alot more about the layer gaps than the ripples do you have any idea whats causing the gaps?
October 18, 2015 09:47AM
fouad
msaeger
yeah I also have a Folger i3 but I care alot more about the layer gaps than the ripples do you have any idea whats causing the gaps?

I would guess the gaps and ripples are from the same issue. In the picture it looks (to me anyway) like the gap is one layer sticking out beyond another.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login