Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about different nozzle brands

Posted by drmaestro 
Question about different nozzle brands
October 31, 2015 02:15AM
Hi,

I'd like to know how compatible are the different nozzles sold online. Most of the web sites sell MK8 or E3D compatible nozzles so I assume they are a little bit different. My printer has a proprietary hotend and requires teflon tubing on the inside of the nozzle, so the inner diameter of the nozzle has to be 4 mm. Do the MK8 or E3D nozzles have 4 mm inner diameter? If not, is there an alternative?

Thanks...
Re: Question about different nozzle brands
October 31, 2015 05:20PM
drmaestro
Hi,

I'd like to know how compatible are the different nozzles sold online. Most of the web sites sell MK8 or E3D compatible nozzles so I assume they are a little bit different. My printer has a proprietary hotend and requires teflon tubing on the inside of the nozzle, so the inner diameter of the nozzle has to be 4 mm. Do the MK8 or E3D nozzles have 4 mm inner diameter? If not, is there an alternative?

Thanks...

we'll probably need more information like which printer you have, what hotend is on it, i do carry a nozzle with a 4mm inside diameter, do you have a picture of your current setup?

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

November 01, 2015 01:41PM
thejollygrimreaper
drmaestro
Hi,

Thanks...

we'll probably need more information like which printer you have, what hotend is on it, i do carry a nozzle with a 4mm inside diameter, do you have a picture of your current setup?

Hi,

The hotend is produced by a local manufacturer, and I can say that it is very simillar to E3D's hotends.I took 2 pictures of the nozzle in a low light condition so they are a little bit blurred but I think it should be clear enough. The whole nozzle measures approximately 15 mm, and the part with screws measures 5 mm. The first 3-4 mm of the screwed portion has an inner diameter of 4 mm I suppose.

Thanks.
Attachments:
open | download - Nozzle1.jpg (404.8 KB)
open | download - Nozzle2.jpg (395.1 KB)
November 01, 2015 10:57PM
What Version E3D? That is not a V6 nozzle. The E3D Lite6 has a ptfe tube all the way down to the nozzle, but it also uses the same nozzle as the V6 which does not have a tube that goes past he heat break.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2015 10:57PM by zerodameaon.
November 01, 2015 11:21PM
drmaestro
thejollygrimreaper
drmaestro
Hi,

Thanks...

Hi,

The hotend is produced by a local manufacturer, and I can say that it is very simillar to E3D's hotends.I took 2 pictures of the nozzle in a low light condition so they are a little bit blurred but I think it should be clear enough. The whole nozzle measures approximately 15 mm, and the part with screws measures 5 mm. The first 3-4 mm of the screwed portion has an inner diameter of 4 mm I suppose.

Thanks.

thats actually very similar to what i use in my hotends, the ptfe tubing acts like a sealing mechanism , i stock these on my website see the links below

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

November 02, 2015 03:56PM
zerodameaon
What Version E3D? That is not a V6 nozzle. The E3D Lite6 has a ptfe tube all the way down to the nozzle, but it also uses the same nozzle as the V6 which does not have a tube that goes past he heat break.

I did mention the E3D nozzle because of the similarity on how PTFE tube goes into the nozzle (I think that's the lite6 version). I actually don't have one, so I can't compare.
November 02, 2015 03:59PM
thejollygrimreaper
drmaestro
thejollygrimreaper
drmaestro
Hi,

Thanks...

Hi,

Thanks.

thats actually very similar to what i use in my hotends, the ptfe tubing acts like a sealing mechanism , i stock these on my website see the links below

I've checked your website and your nozzles seem to be very similar indeed. I just have to check if I have M6 or M7 for size. Is shipping by letter reliable (I was planning to buy 4, so the registered method would be too expensive for me)?
November 03, 2015 05:48AM
drmaestro
thejollygrimreaper
drmaestro
thejollygrimreaper
drmaestro
Hi,

Thanks...

Hi,

Thanks.

I've checked your website and your nozzles seem to be very similar indeed. I just have to check if I have M6 or M7 for size. Is shipping by letter reliable (I was planning to buy 4, so the registered method would be too expensive for me)?

the letter option is pretty reliable depending on where it's going, the transit time to the US is officially between 7 to 11 days but that doesn't take into account how much time it sits in customs, there's also no tracking number with it either.

November 03, 2015 02:43PM
I have ordered 4 of them. I live in Turkey. I hope they'll arrive safely with the letter option....
November 24, 2015 02:21PM
Hi. I have received the nozzles today. They are in perfect condition. Thanks....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login