Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper Motor Test -- Error: ringGet: line 4 not stored

Posted by wil3 
Stepper Motor Test -- Error: ringGet: line 4 not stored
September 06, 2010 04:46PM
When testing our stepper motors I am receiving an odd error that I am unsure if it is the expected result.

Error: ringGet: line 4 not stored [126.996s/0ms]
Error: ringGet: line 4 not stored [126.997s/0ms]

This error is printed to the console after I set the X axis position in the XYZ tab in the host software and the motor moves the set amount. The errors continues to print to the console freezing the host software which causes me to force close. I have the nudge size set to 10mm and the X&Y axis speed to 300mm/min. CommsDebug is set to true. I am using gen 3 electronics. Host software is on Ubuntu 10.04

Is this supposed to happen? Can not find any documentation on this issue.

Thanks.
Re: Stepper Motor Test -- Error: ringGet: line 4 not stored
September 07, 2010 10:51AM
What version of Java is installed? What version of RepRap host are you using? I think I remember getting ringGet errors when I had M or G codes that did not jive with RepRap host software. Not sure how that relates to the host software causing these errors though. To get my electronics and software in sync I would power up the mendel, hit the reset button on the motherboard, hit the reset on the extruder board, and then start the RR host software once the motherboard had a blinking light again.
September 07, 2010 10:59AM
steveo290
To get my electronics and software in sync I would power up the mendel, hit the reset button on the motherboard, hit the reset on the extruder board, and then start the RR host software once the motherboard had a blinking light again.

YES, that is exactly how I have to do it if I want it to work right! drinking smiley

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
September 08, 2010 09:08PM
I am using java 1.6.0_18 (openjdk), the reprap host software is version reprap-mendel-20100806.

I do not have the extruder controller hooked up yet. Once my host software crashes with the ringGet error to get it back up I do the following:

Reset motherboard
turn off motherboard
turn off power supply
force close the host software
restart host software
turn on motherboard
turn on power supply

We have also tested it with the host software running on windows with the same problem.
September 16, 2010 09:20PM
I figured out what the issues was. After continuing our electronics test of the extruder, I was getting the following error from the host software
ERROR: GCodeReaderAndWriter.getBTemp() - no value stored!
I came across this post and after running out of ideas I figured I try an earlier version of the host software. The electronics pasted all the tests using an older host software.

I purchased the electronics from ebay user raysyu who did not mention which host software version was used to test the electronics nor which firmware versions were used for the motherboard and extruder. After contacting raysyu I found that he tested the electronics using the 20100308 version of the host software which further supported the reason why my tests were failing using the newest host software version.
January 05, 2011 10:03AM
getting the same error with reprap-mendel-20100806 on ubuntu10.10 gen3electronics..
anyone knows something about the issue?

thanks
January 06, 2011 05:24AM
I saw the same error while testing my extruder last night. I was just pressing a few times on the extrude button.

Also using linux with latest software

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2011 05:24AM by brupje.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login