Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trimpot & LED lights while uploading: TechZone Extrduder Board v2.2

Posted by TianChang 
Trimpot & LED lights while uploading: TechZone Extrduder Board v2.2
September 10, 2010 05:58AM
Hi guys,

For those using Techzone Extruder boards, I have a few of questions:

1) When uploading, is one suppose to see any lights blinking away. I can see a red LED blink away on my motherboard when it is being uploaded. I have got a couple of 'done uploading' on my Extruder board, but I don't see any blinks.

2) For the 10K trimpots on Stepper Controller and Extruder, can I get a confirmation that clockwise INCREASES RESISTANCE?

3) What is the default Trimpot settings for the TechZone boards when they are shipped?

Thanks for reading.

Tian Chang.
Re: Trimpot & LED lights while uploading: TechZone Extrduder Board v2.2
September 10, 2010 04:38PM
1) I don't recall the extruder blinking. But if you get the confirmed upload in the arduino software, so you should be good.

2) With power on (all leds on stepper board lit), you measure the voltage across one of the coils on the motor (black+green or red+blue, your motor might have other colors though), and then turn the pot a tiny amount you should be able to measure a voltage increase/decrease.

3) I measured everything from 0.8v to 1.1v on the different outputs, but I don't know what it ought to be.
September 10, 2010 07:25PM
Hey there

Thanks. I have pretty weak electronics background so I'm being careful.

Tc
September 10, 2010 08:02PM
No problem. About being careful, I would suggest you add a 6.3A fuse to the 12V line, if you haven't already.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login