Looking for a good 3-D Printer kit!
December 03, 2015 11:12PM
HI i'm new to all of this. I'm looking for a good 3-D Printer kit. I've been looking into the nwrerasp i3. its a little pricey but it seems good and has a great detailed assembly video. Has anyone heard anything, good or bad, about this printer? Or do you guys know of some better options?
Thanks
Re: Looking for a good 3-D Printer kit!
December 03, 2015 11:59PM
Look at Replikeo.com.
We really cannot talk about quality over all but the printed parts are what are most important.
While Replikeo printed parts are somewhat to be desired beyond that you still get a metal frame.
I am in the process of buying the wade herringbone extruder system to add to my printer($25.00 assembled). The Replikeo printed gears are a bit off but I paid $400.00.
I have the OEM cpu and ramps driver board.
I did my first print and this test was a configuration and calibration attempt. I think everyone will agree no matter what the choice its still a learning curve.

The bottom line is: aim for a metal frame and EOM electronics and you should be good to go. Price is your choice. The nightmare is still the same just different characters and events till you get your first test print.
What ever you choose the support here is phenominal if not just to make you take a step back and think about what you are trying to achieve.
Good luck. It all works, just different prices.
December 06, 2015 01:15AM
I'm using Reprap PrUSA i3, so far it's fine....I'm using acrylic frame version one, I can give you the link if you're interested, thanks
December 06, 2015 07:18AM
I am using reprapro mendel. I think it is one of the best option out there as the feedback are awesome and the duet board with the ethernet port is a very positive thing.
December 06, 2015 08:09AM
harrison_tamayo
HI i'm new to all of this. I'm looking for a good 3-D Printer kit. I've been looking into the nwrerasp i3. its a little pricey but it seems good and has a great detailed assembly video. Has anyone heard anything, good or bad, about this printer? Or do you guys know of some better options?
Thanks

Which country are you in? It makes a difference.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 08, 2015 09:47PM
________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2015 09:53PM by harrison_tamayo.
December 08, 2015 09:48PM
_________

December 08, 2015 09:49PM
_______

December 08, 2015 09:51PM
dc42
harrison_tamayo
Thanks

Which country are you in? It makes a difference.

USA
December 08, 2015 09:52PM
bianchi
I'm using Reprap PrUSA i3, so far it's fine....I'm using acrylic frame version one, I can give you the link if you're interested, thanks

yes please. Thankyou
December 08, 2015 09:54PM
Giantkiller
Look at Replikeo.com.
We really cannot talk about quality over all but the printed parts are what are most important.
While Replikeo printed parts are somewhat to be desired beyond that you still get a metal frame.
I am in the process of buying the wade herringbone extruder system to add to my printer($25.00 assembled). The Replikeo printed gears are a bit off but I paid $400.00.
I have the OEM cpu and ramps driver board.
I did my first print and this test was a configuration and calibration attempt. I think everyone will agree no matter what the choice its still a learning curve.

The bottom line is: aim for a metal frame and EOM electronics and you should be good to go. Price is your choice. The nightmare is still the same just different characters and events till you get your first test print.
What ever you choose the support here is phenominal if not just to make you take a step back and think about what you are trying to achieve.
Good luck. It all works, just different prices.

Thanks!
December 08, 2015 09:55PM
Gaou
I am using reprapro mendel. I think it is one of the best option out there as the feedback are awesome and the duet board with the ethernet port is a very positive thing.

What is the virtue of having an ethernet port?
December 09, 2015 04:13AM
harrison_tamayo
Gaou

What is the virtue of having an ethernet port?

Once you have used DuetWebControl, you will never want to use a USB-based host program again. You can run it on your PC and upload gcode files to the SD card quickly over the web interface. You can also run DuetWebControl on a tablet or smartphone.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login