Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bed and extruder problem

Posted by Outie 
Bed and extruder problem
December 05, 2015 05:37PM
I have two issues... Not sure if they are linked or not.

#1: If I turn the bed on, the bed and the extruder both turn on until the temp is met by the bed. If I turn the extruder on, the extruder and bed turn on until the temp is met by the extruder. If i turn both on, they both go on until both temps are met...

#2: Printing from the SD card or from Repetier Host (v1.60), the print stops after about layer 3-5 but never in the same spot. If using Repetier Host, the G code continues to upload and scroll but no response from the printer. The temp also continues to decline on the display

Are these connected problems? What is my next step?

I have already flashed and reloaded arduino as well as restart everything

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2015 06:26PM by Outie.
Re: Bed and extruder problem
December 05, 2015 10:45PM
I haven't heard of those specific problems but it sounds to be the Arduino. Look at getting a new one.

Prusa i3 Rework - Ramps 1.4 - E3d Lite6 - Full Graphic LCD Controller
December 06, 2015 04:59AM
Are we talking about Ramps/Mega combo here?
You might have some solder-bridges on the Ramps board or there are small solder balls ( remains from solder wave oven ) shorting out pins on the arduino board.

-Olaf
December 07, 2015 05:04PM
I didn't see anything shorting out my board. Can I check anything on my board or is it easier to replace it?
December 07, 2015 10:27PM
Solved. One of the wires melted through the shielding and shorted to a SCR. This was causing the board to slowly start to over heat... Thanks for the idea Olaf!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login