prusa i3 va prusa i3 rework
December 28, 2015 06:05AM
Hello,

I am starting to build a 3d printer from bill of materials. I would like to know which one should I start with : Prusa 3 (https://github.com/josefprusa/Prusa3) or prusa i3 rework(http://reprap.org/wiki/Prusa_i3_Rework_Introduction). I would appreciate any help and advice on this. Thanks in advance

Thanks and Regards
Vinod
Re: prusa i3 va prusa i3 rework
December 28, 2015 01:27PM
Having built both, I would suggest the re-work.
All 10mm threaded rods
Better designs for the setup of end-stops.

I use this for the z-axis end-stop:
[www.thingiverse.com]

this for the x-axis end-stop:
[www.thingiverse.com]

this for y-axis end-stop & motor:
[www.thingiverse.com]

My updated Instructable on our Prusa i3 Build
[www.instructables.com]
Re: prusa i3 va prusa i3 rework
December 29, 2015 12:08PM
I bought the Replikeo prusa I3. I had a rough start but now I am quite pleased. The choice to go open source is the only way to go. We will be way ahead in the long run when it comes to having the device grow with the future needs.
I have done a test print and am waiting for a herringbone wade extruder upgrade to arrive. I am pursuing copper board etching and sharpie marking as near future efforts. To crank out circuit boards is a great need for me since I am an R&D company. Then production is just an proven image send. I have used Radio shack copper clad prototype boards in the past. These match their plug in prototype boards but they have scimped on the copper thickness. This wreaked havoc on a few projects with me. The thin copper traces lifted and broke after soldering. I will use thicker clad for my own boards. The 3d printer appliance solves this problem for me.
And this is the important part. It is a programmable, reconfigurable appliance. This opens up the future to anybody that is creative.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2015 12:11PM by Giantkiller.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login