Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Geckotek

Posted by DW77 
Geckotek
December 31, 2015 09:11PM
Hello, I'm new to 3d printing though I have been interested for a while, I recently finished building my Hictop 3DP-11, I have successfully printed 5 objects, and had two early failures so far, and at least with decent enough quality for my uses. Now I fully intent to upgrade this printer using both parts printed and purchased; I wanted to ask about a variety of build plates, but the Geckotek build plate line seems the most promising of them. I also wish to know more about the other options like the Ninja Plate or glass. Any information would be much appreciated.
Thank You.
Re: Geckotek
January 01, 2016 02:47AM
If you're having any issues with parts sticking, I'd try raising the bed temp. by 5 or so c. Also, try using a glue stick on your glass surface before printing. I thought I'd need a special build plate, but those two things did it for me. I too have researched this, and would concur-- geckotek seems the most promising.
Ryan
Re: Geckotek
January 01, 2016 11:08PM
Thanks for the response Babs, and actually I'm not having any problems with my PLA sticking, I just want a removable surface that plastics will adhere well to, and unfortunately painter's tape isn't very easy to just re-use when you remove it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login