Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best 3D Modeling Software

Posted by gmckee 
Re: Best 3D Modeling Software
January 29, 2016 01:26PM
Tinkercad looks quite a clean & simple UI, probably better than blender & maybe sketchup for ease of use.
January 29, 2016 01:58PM
I couldn't figure blender out at all, bit like using photoshop to just resize an image it's probably awesome once you know how to use it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2016 01:59PM by DjDemonD.
February 19, 2016 02:34AM
Blender reminds me of Lightwave, maybe just because its a bit of an alien landscape to me, you can spend a load of time in a 3D app,
it helps if you dont have to fight to hard with the adjustment to new UI, or the fight is worth it because there's a specific thing you want to get from the app, that can't be done elsewhere with familiar tools. I keep saying I want to use blender more now it has cycles render it now has quite a lot to offer......but the project where I actually need to move that way hasn't surfaced yet.

Mentioned earlier in the thread, I might have to take a closer look at OnShape looks interesting
[www.onshape.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2016 02:35AM by MechaBits.
February 22, 2016 12:54PM
There is doing, learning, and futz! Different day, different headache. Choose wisely Grasshooper or the enemy at your door was once thought of as a friend.
February 22, 2016 12:57PM
That was as fine an example of gibberish as I have ever read! Congratulations!

All your bases are belong to us!

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
February 22, 2016 01:00PM
I have wanted to Futz around with Grasshopper for years,

but as i'm not doing anything that needs it, I don't need the headache of learning Rhino & Grasshopper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2016 01:04PM by MechaBits.
February 22, 2016 01:01PM
LOL.
I chose computers as a career choice. 80% of that time was rescuing people from their delusional choices. I could be serious but that energy was all but consumed years ago.
Well now I look like I know something by mentioning Grasshopper. I was referring to Kwai Chang Caine of the Kung fu series.
But thanks for the link. I can use this in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2016 01:05PM by Giantkiller.
February 22, 2016 03:50PM

I know I remember David Carradine...

You must have some goto tools you prefer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2016 03:51PM by MechaBits.
February 24, 2016 01:46PM
MechaBits

I know I remember David Carradine...

You must have some goto tools you prefer.

That brings back some memories! I know I already posted my like for Onshape, but sometimes a picture helps. I designed my new extruder in Onshape, roughing in the gears as they were done with openscad, and using the stls generated from Onshape to print the frame and tension lever. Now I'm working on a new x axis, so I pulled in the extruder model to see how it would fit. The grey block with 'fan' written on it is a roughed out shape to indicate the size of a mk8 extruder,but I'm leaning towards using a second geared extruder instead.

Still lots of work to do, not least figuring out the location for the x-axis stepper!
February 24, 2016 02:44PM
Since I had designed and printed a Bowden hotend holder I am waiting for the molex connector samples to arrive. Then I can attach the new heads to the existing cables and start progressing forward.
February 25, 2016 04:09AM
I ditched the standard plate for hotend, and used a 16mm rail support, I have 2 types both good for different arrangement.
February 26, 2016 07:02PM
the_digital_dentist
That was as fine an example of gibberish as I have ever read! Congratulations!

All your bases are belong to us!

The scary part is that I actually understand him! We must both be from Ork.

Folger Tech 2020 i3 and FT-5 as well as modified JGAurora A5 with direct drive E3D/Titan. All running the BLTOUCH.
Great kits. Having fun and running the heck out of them.
Running Marlin 1.1.0 RC8 on the i3 and FT5. Custom firmware on A5.
Folger Tech Wiki board >[folgertech.wikia.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login