Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E3D Lite

Posted by Andy1989 
E3D Lite
January 18, 2016 08:01AM
Just wondering if any one has used the new E3D lite?

Im tempted to get a couple for my dual extrude upgrade, the only thing that is putting me off is the given maximum extrusions on the E3D website. Apparently it is only capable of upto 50mm/sec, whereas the normal is 100mm/sec.
I know with my print settings I can achieve a flow rate of around 10mm3/sec extruding in mid air with a normal E3D V6, so with the lite am i only going to be able to get 5mm3/sec?

Has anyone done any back to back comparisons and noticed a drop in extrusion speeds? As far as I can see the heater block and nozzles are identical so I don't understand why the flow rate would be any slower.

Also im intrigued to know how E3D calculate the max print speeds as its highly dependent on layer height. Id much rather they gave flow rates rather than print speed as this is almost independent of layer height.
Re: E3D Lite
January 18, 2016 10:39AM
Are you getting Bowden tube feed or Wade direct feed. If Bowden, where did you get your single or dual head mount. I am looking to go dual myself as my Replikeo came that way but I have to replace the lousy extrusion assemblies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2016 10:39AM by Giantkiller.
January 18, 2016 11:33AM
Giantkiller
Are you getting Bowden tube feed or Wade direct feed. If Bowden, where did you get your single or dual head mount. I am looking to go dual myself as my Replikeo came that way but I have to replace the lousy extrusion assemblies.

Be aware that all the E3D Hotends are Bowden (you just fit the little black clamp ring in place) the difference in the shop is that the Bowden Version comes with a good push fit adaptor for the Cold End.

If you want to do Dual extrusion easily then get the E3D Chimera Dual Hotend E3D Chimera

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2016 11:33AM by dougal1957.
January 18, 2016 11:52AM
I am looking to make one that allows the two heads to moving vertically independently. This save having to level the heads at the nozzle end.
But right now I need a single end head mount.

Replikeo Prusa I3 Rework, Ramps 1.4, Marlin, Pronterface, Tinkercad.
Plan B is always to be somebody else.
January 18, 2016 12:48PM
Giantkiller
I am looking to make one that allows the two heads to moving vertically independently. This save having to level the heads at the nozzle end.
But right now I need a single end head mount.

OK If you have the I3 Rework which I am sure you have then how about E3D Carrier for I3 looking at the Replikeo Pictures it looks like it will do what you want.

HTH

Doug
January 18, 2016 01:03PM
Thanks! Snabotutely fenominal!
I am going this route because I have not been able to print any thingies, only test prints which aren't good yet.
I'll just upload to Tinkercad and order a print! Fantastico! The price will probably kill me tho. Let's see.
I will report back here the status.
January 18, 2016 01:19PM
Giantkiller
Thanks! Snabotutely fenominal!
I am going this route because I have not been able to print any thingies, only test prints which aren't good yet.
I'll just upload to Tinkercad and order a print! Fantastico! The price will probably kill me tho. Let's see.
I will report back here the status.

Where in the world are you?
January 18, 2016 04:44PM
I have the lite6 and have been using it on my Prusa i3 for a while now. I print at 45mm/s but have done twice that as a test. Keep in mind that you will mostly print at the top speed on straight long movements as acceleration takes a good bit of distance for most printers. The biggest limiting factor is the length of the melt zone which can be compensated for by increasing the temperature you print at.

Prusa i3 Rework - Ramps 1.4 - E3d Lite6 - Full Graphic LCD Controller
January 18, 2016 05:30PM
Littleton Colorado, USA.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login