Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TB6600 stepper driver Ramps 1.4 connection

Posted by norkator 
TB6600 stepper driver Ramps 1.4 connection
February 10, 2016 12:35PM
Hey, I need some help with connecting TB6600 stepper driver into Ramps 1.4 board.

TB6600 signal inputs are following and these are taken from the picture above.
ENA- / EN-
DIR- / CW-
PUL- / CLK-
+5v / +5v

Enable: ENA- goes Ramps 1.4 stepper driver pin EN ?
Direction: DIR- goes to DIR ?

So where PUL- and +5v goes?

Here's the picture of this TB6600

Thank you for your answers in advance!
Re: TB6600 stepper driver Ramps 1.4 connection
February 10, 2016 01:01PM
You are on the right track. Pul is the step pulse also known as the clock pulse or CLK. and +5v needs 5V power from wherever you want to supply 5V power from. Be aware that the enable pin may be inverted from the pololu drivers. You'll want to get hold of a datasheet and check to see if the driver is enabled when EN is high or when EN is low.
February 10, 2016 01:09PM
Thank you for your reply, I keep this in my mind. I'm going to dig this problem deep before testing, last thing I want to do is to fry ramps, arduino or stepper driver. If there's correct answers before I get my ramps, I'll make tests and post results here. If I got it working I'll post correct wiring method here.
February 11, 2016 12:13PM
The pictures on forum might help [roboforum.ru] or [andre.team9.99.org.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2016 12:15PM by Frans@France.
February 13, 2016 08:31AM
Thanks Frans for that link.

Here's picture of my TB6600, there's no + and - signal inputs like other tbs have, only - inputs and that one +5v. I get my ramps on Monday so it is either going to work or it's going to smoke. That roboforum.ru link seems to be very helpful.

Those - signal inputs all goes to three different components before going to Toshiba driver and some chinese instructions that come with the driver says something like this:
5.CLK-:Stepping pulse input+5V (Rising edge effective , rising edge duration >10μS)
6.CW-:Stepping motor direction input, voltage level touched off, high level foreward , low level reverse
7.ENA-: motor free
8. +5V: Signal common terminal

I post my results here on Monday.
Attachments:
open | download - 110415.jpg (164.4 KB)
February 14, 2016 05:22AM
Is that >10μS the pulse length? Because if I'm not mistaken the length on Marlin is around 2μs so some programming might be needed.
February 14, 2016 12:45PM
Might be, all this is poorly documented. Where's that microsecond setting exactly is on Marlin? No need to respond, I sort that out after testing tb with ramps (tomorrow)
February 16, 2016 03:28AM
I did not get it to work. Wired everything up but nothing happened, it's like there's ground missing. I tested many time, swapped cables and so on. This TB is weird compared to other TB drivers, but it works well with CNC machine controller. Good thing is that I did not fried anything so I just decided to use a4988 stepsticks for now.
February 16, 2016 05:18AM
Just wired it to a Arduino board directly so you can write your own code, that will allow you to control the pulse length. It would also allow you to test if the EN must be high or low to enable the driver.

I used a TB6560 without any problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2016 05:19AM by Frans@France.
September 23, 2016 08:02AM
hi i am trying to connect a pibot 2.2 driver ( [www.pibot.com] ) to ramps1.4.
I think the enable is inverted since it only works with enable disconnected .... any way to fix this in marlin ?

I enabled "#define CONFIG_STEPPERS_TOSHIBA" in the firmware didnt see any change....
any ideas?
September 23, 2016 12:35PM
In Marlin RC7, it's in configuration.h, after the section where you set the z probe offsets.
September 23, 2016 05:21PM
Frans@France
Just wired it to a Arduino board directly so you can write your own code, that will allow you to control the pulse length. It would also allow you to test if the EN must be high or low to enable the driver.

I used a TB6560 without any problems.

Hi Frans, would you be able to share your coding as you stated ..."you can write your own code, that will allow you to control the pulse length..."

i am interested to see what i have to do to upgrade to a bigger stepper but not changing the Ramps board...

Merci bien!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login