Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Weirdly printed first layers!!!!

Posted by vapark212 
Weirdly printed first layers!!!!
February 15, 2016 12:58AM
My 3d printer isn't printing it's first layers (and for the rest of the print) properly! It seems that the y axis becomes offset to the x axis in the same layer, and stuff starts to screw up. I'll try to upload pictures, but the files are too big. What is the problem, and how can I fix it?
Re: Weirdly printed first layers!!!!
February 15, 2016 01:35PM
Sorry to be rude, but make sure if you are going to ask a question to include printer make, mechanics, or other relevant info.

Assuming you have a Cartesian machine such as the prusa i3 you could have insufficient belt tension, a loose drive pulley, or a improperly tuned driver.

Prusa i3 Rework - Ramps 1.4 - E3d Lite6 - Full Graphic LCD Controller
February 16, 2016 09:16PM
Two things, I use Vuepro or (Vueprint) to view photos. You can resize the pics before uploading here. Free and awesome. Also, if your stepper voltages are to low the prints can shift as they grow.
February 16, 2016 09:28PM
Hi vapark212

This link will help you with the information you need to provide to help diagnose this, and includes information how to link files and photos. It's a common issue, people don't know what info to provide, so what the heck... I made a page for it.

The shifted layers issue is common, so I made this page.

For Tutorials and Troubleshooting, just click the Wiki button at the very top, and then Reference on the left side.

Hope that helps.

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login