Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

newbee and confused

Posted by inchgreen 
newbee and confused
October 09, 2010 09:19PM
Foks, I need some guidance here please. I have a cnc 3 axis router which I want to use as the basis for a RepRAp. Soooo in my enthusism I have built a wade extruder and mounted it on my Z axix head.

Then i stood back and realised that I had'nt thought about the electronics!!!!!

Question is how do I drive the extruder and use existing CNC programme (Mach3) - I am guessing I cant and will need to use a mendel motherboard and extruder controller.

As all my axis motors are on plugs it would be easy to disconnect the motors from my current Electronics and then plug them into the RepRap system therefore having the best of both worlds.

My current system works on 24volt input - where can I find information on the RepRap electronics input outputs etc as I cant navigate my way around the RepRap.org to the correct places.

As I said i built my current cnc from scratch but am struggling with this concept

Thanks
Paul
Re: newbee and confused
October 09, 2010 11:44PM
http://reprap.org/wiki/EMCRepRapsmiling bouncing smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Re: newbee and confused
October 20, 2010 07:49AM
extruder is just a 4th axis- hardest part will probably be wrangling gcode into something your existing cnc controller understands

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login